Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate players that get older. Ain't got no time for that. Shiiiiiit
No need for sarcasm. The point is that he's coming to the end of his career (nearly 34) and time is undefeated.

But the other posts that said he could play on a short-term deal convinced me.

The likelihood though is that in 2/3 years - when he's 36 or 37 - he will have declined heavily.

He must have known in advance that Barca are in turmoil and have been for quite some time. It is hardly a secret and the way they have treated players included Messi is beyond unprofessional so not sure what he expected there tbh..

Last edited:
As you were boys. It's not happening.

"Manchester City are still alive here..."

The more I think about this the less convinced I am it will happen. I think Pep will consider the impact on Foden, Kovecic, Bernardo and Nunez to be too great.
Thing is Dave is this is going to be a long old season, the more bodies the better chance City have of navigating and having a successful season.

how do we see Gundo slotting in ? he probably will be a squad player?

i doubt he could cover DM position, maybe if we played double pivot of Kovacic/Bernardo and Gundo and Akanji/Stones coming in to midfield to help with covering ground if Rodri is not available.

now imagine Gundo patented box crashing with lively Doku un Savio on the wings.

i see Gundo and Kova splitting big chunk of minutes between them and i am Ok with that.

probably main question is - what will happen with Nunes. Maybe he could learn thing or two from Gundo. He is a gifted player.

that is a good headache for Pep to tinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.