Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not mate Joao Cancelo is one of the best fullbacks in the world. Clubs probably not bidding because of his wages and attitude that doesn't mean we give him away for fuck all.

Glad some of you lot ain't in charge of our finances we'd have more than 115 charges lol
Ability wise yeah, everything else stinks which is why he's still here.

The club have to be sensible and do good business. Keep him and his face like a slapped arse around Pep isn't good business.

I am glad your not because you would have held onto assets like the rags do and end up with their contracts ran into the ground costing us millions and earning us nothing.

I'd have him back if it was an exchange situation... Write off what they owe us for Torres? They take cancelo off our hands for good?

Plus, I'd also expect him to be purely a bench option and pep and he are both on the same page with it.
Are you on crack? Why the fuck should we write off anything those cunts owe us? They got Gundo on a free.

Think you should go to bed.

Depends why he left, doesn't it? My understanding was that he felt he couldn't keep up with the demands of the prem and the level at which he had to perform. He realised this and didn't want to become a liability and let himself, the club or Pep down. This being the case, how is coming back to us a year older a good thing?

His knees are bollocks. It's a no from me.
He has that baggy a scrotum??
Hard to see him returning, but harder still to think of a better short term squad player, maybe on a free with rolling 1yr contract?
And could the move tempt alternative commentary guy out of retirement..?

Last edited:
Depends why he left, doesn't it? My understanding was that he felt he couldn't keep up with the demands of the prem and the level at which he had to perform. He realised this and didn't want to become a liability and let himself, the club or Pep down. This being the case, how is coming back to us a year older a good thing?
Wasn’t it that we offered a one year extension and Barca offered 2 with an option of a third.

We then offered a 2 year extension late in the day, but he’d already decided to go to Barca. I think…

Wasn’t it that we offered a one year extension and Barca offered 2 with an option of a third.

We then offered a 2 year extension late in the day, but he’d already decided to go to Barca. I think…
I wouldn't argue against as I may be mis- remembering. I guess the point I'm still making is that the demands of the prem and pep are so, so high. He did have his injury issues (back?) and I just feel at his age, the demands would be too high and he wouldn't be able to perform at the levels required. A sentimental signing isn't a good enough reason in my humble opinion.

he put talks on hold in between those two with us to conctrate on the end of the season. His agent was out with Barcelona the next week by the time we went back with 2. He'd given his word to barca.

Shouldnt have got that far but seems there was more going on than we're ever likely to know tbh

He wanted to stay on a 2 year contract.

We offered 1, Barca offered 3 and it was his 'boyhood' team.

It doesn't sound as if it's all gone swimmingly.

Barca are a debt ridden basket case stocked with overpriced overpaid mercenaries.

At 34, after a cush season at Barca, could he pick it up to go again for 30 games in England ?

If he can,and he returns as a squad player not captain, ON A FREE with an eye on coaching in the CFA or a player coach at a CFG club, it's worth considering.

His experience,ability,maturity and influence are worth cultivating ....and remember, he didn't want to leave, we didn't want him to leave, it was only the difference of 12 months in a contract, otherwise he'd still of been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.