Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Foden in the centre now and he dragged us to the title last season. Gundo is a great but his peak is past.

It's a cunts trick he ran his contract down and we got fuck all for one of the best midfielders in the world.

But like I said he's a legend and a hero so he's not allowed anything bad said about him.

Love the guy but his time as a player at City is and should stay over.
This is a completely unhinged opinion. What do you think would have been the correct way for him to manage that situation? He wanted a change of scene at the end of his career. City would have known that all along. He captained us to a treble and scored two goals in an FA Cup final. He was an absolute pro his entire time with us and went the extra mile when it came to working with academy players etc. The guy is allowed a life outside of City.

We have Foden in the centre now and he dragged us to the title last season. Gundo is a great but his peak is past.
Foden played 23 games on the right last season, 15 in the middle, 12 on the left and 1 up front.

When de Bruyne came back In January, Foden only played 5 games (out of a possible 27) in the middle until the end of the season in all comps.

With de Bruyne fit and Bobb out, I can see Foden playing on the right for a while.

Gündoğan’s certainly past his best now though.

Would love to have him back but it’s not a type of signing we make. It’s a United style signing.

We have been incredibly good at letting players go when the time is right and not keeping them for sentimental reasons.

If he ever comes back it’ll be in a coaching capacity.

Wasn’t it that we offered a one year extension and Barca offered 2 with an option of a third.

We then offered a 2 year extension late in the day, but he’d already decided to go to Barca. I think…

Nobody knows. Some talk shite and pretend they do. I believe Gundogan himself though, over people that have read some piss on the internet and are now passing it as fact.

Last edited:

Well that sounds great. Those wankers don’t appreciate him. If it’s possible we should take him back and get who we actually want next season instead of buying 3/4/5 choice.

If we have any intention, I expect the club to move quickly. All it takes is 1 call to Pep.

Still think he stays at Barca.

Well that sounds great. Those wankers don’t appreciate him. If it’s possible we should take him back and get who we actually want next season instead of buying 3/4/5 choice.

If we have any intention, I expect the club to move quickly. All it takes is 1 call to Pep.

Still think he stays at Barca.
no, it would be embarrassing for him if we offered to have him back. he should go to a team who will adore him (Live Siva did with Sociadad) maybe Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.