Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have him back in a heartbeat. But I would expect our hierarchy look to the future and aren't willing to entertain this unless it's a loan move to help all parties. Throw Cancelo back at them as part of it and everyone happy?!

That’s how it works. You hire a gun, you pay him to play and that’s what he does. If he decides his time is up he is entitled by his contract to end that and sign for someone else and he gets the money as a free agent.

A cunts trick would be to put him on the market against his will to get a fee for him.

He is hired and paid to serve his employers until the contract ends. Like in any other walk of self employed life.
You are correct. If he ran his contact down to leave because he decided his time was finished here perhaps he has zero interest in returning?

I bring this up merely to temper expectations. I know a lot of people want him desperately to return. However, a lot of people whose partner decides it is time to move on desperately want them to return as well.

You are correct. If he ran his contact down to leave because he decided his time was finished here perhaps he has zero interest in returning?

I bring this up merely to temper expectations. I know a lot of people want him desperately to return. However, a lot of people whose partner decides it is time to move on desperately want them to return as well.
And now he might fancy a return, on a contract to ply his trade somewhere he feels he might get success again.

That’s what some don’t see. It’s a trade, and they ply it.

IMO Kovacic is simultaneously a very good player and also not on the same planet as Gundogan. Regardless of whether we choose to go in for Gundo or not (and again, I believe we won’t) I have a hard time believing that it’ll be a financial reason. We are clearly not against signing older players if they are the right player.

Like it or not mate Joao Cancelo is one of the best fullbacks in the world. Clubs probably not bidding because of his wages and attitude that doesn't mean we give him away for fuck all.

Glad some of you lot ain't in charge of our finances we'd have more than 115 charges lol
Cancelo is THE best fullback in the world, as long as you can avoid asking him to defend. We are nothing but very lucky that his dreadful showing against Liverpool that year didn’t cost us the league title - that’s the real reason nobody wants him. I personally would be very nervous about seeing him start again.

We can't turn back the clock.
Gundo left and he must have had some good reasons.
Now he has a contract and you can bet he will insist on that and his wages. Barca are playing their usual game every summer window and suddenly all players are registered.
Gundo won't come back and we don't need him now. We move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.