Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was willing to excuse not signing an a attacking midfielder last summer because Paqueta really screwed us. I really thought we got a bit unlucky.
This is now the second summer in the row we have failed to do it and on top of it we seem to be digging through our back catalog United style. There is reason to be concerned about our player acquisition strategy.

I mean the club thought Ilkay was only worth a one year contract before the 2023-2024 season so why would he all of a sudden be sufficient now? Basically it appears we whiffed and now are grab bagging.
In all probability, we haven’t signed an attacking midfielder because of the emergence of Oscar.

I used to like Gerrard before this match. Mid-table Villa, with fuck all to play for, performed like it was the Champions League final FFS!

At 5 minutes in, they were time-wasting so badly, at 15 minutes the ref had to warn their keeper! Their fans wouldn't return the ball when it went out either.

Gerrard set his team up to play defensively, waste time & to hit us on the break to help his beloved Dippers win the PL title.

It didn't occur to the Villa fans that if Gerrard had have put this amount of effort & planning in throughout that season, they wouldn't have ended up with fuck all to play for! Twats!

I was willing to excuse not signing an a attacking midfielder last summer because Paqueta really screwed us. I really thought we got a bit unlucky.
This is now the second summer in the row we have failed to do it and on top of it we seem to be digging through our back catalog United style. There is reason to be concerned about our player acquisition strategy.

I mean the club thought Ilkay was only worth a one year contract before the 2023-2024 season so why would he all of a sudden be sufficient now? Basically it appears we whiffed and now are grab bagging.
We signed Kovecic, Nunez and now Gundo. That's THREE attacking midfielder. 5 if you include Savinho and DUko .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.