I'm thinking it is corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another decision that went City's way was when Antonio Valencia was hauled down by Kolarov early in the second have at 3-1 in the FA cup game. A stone wall penalty if I ever saw one.

Red_fan said:
We got away with one tonight no doubt, but it cancels out the incorrect penalty given against us that cost us two points against Newcastle at OT.

I doubt there was a thread about how corrupt the Premier League was after that decision.

twat, you guys have had about a hundred decisions in your favour, you should be ashamed

United players go onto the pitch in the prem, knowing they can tackle anywhere on the pitch, and the ref will turn a blind eye. In europe this season where they dont have the ref in awe of them. The results clearly show this. Refs in the prem dont want Fergie saying anything against them as this could affect their position as a ref.

nevilletogoater-in said:
All I'm saying is that history will suggest that 9 times out of 10 Balotelli would have been booked for diving (it was twattenberg who was reffing don't forget).

We all expect consistency but unfortunately human error will always get in the way of this. If we performed to our potential in every match then it wouldn't matter how "bent" the officials are, we'd piss it!

We shouldn't applaud someone for giving a correct and obvious decision. And we shouldn't just turn a blind eye to the fact that teams aren't treated equally by the match officials. Mancini and co will continue to do what they can on the pitch, but we shouldn't just accept that United will always get the better end of things.

Red_fan said:
Another decision that went City's way was when Antonio Valencia was hauled down by Kolarov early in the second have at 3-1 in the FA cup game. A stone wall penalty if I ever saw one.

What about the stonewall penalty Richard's didn't get in the 1-6? It's easily forgotten because those didn't affect the winner. Just like that one.

fatbloke said:
jp1992 said:
mcrfs said:
It isn't fucking corrupt. I hate these kind of threads. It was a shit decision. That's it.

Stoke should have had a penalty against us, and they didn't get it. I didn't see anyone claiming it was corrupt then. United had a bullshit penalty given against them at OLD TRAFFORD against Newcastle earlier on in the season.

People need some perspective. It was a tough one to give, and I think Oliver either wasn't sure, or just bottled it.

That's it. It's not Sky fucking telling him to "not see it".

Most sensible thing said on here all night a bad decision roled into a catalogue of them this season

It's kind of funny how the people who don't think there's corruption have less than 100 posts between them all.

It's not even open for debate, IT'S A FACT

Not sure what purpose it serves trolling through previous decisions that might or might not have been correct.

The bottom line is, the decision last night was plainly wrong, and in the context of the premiership title, a huge decision. A draw last night for the vermin would have blown the title race wide open again, as it is, the odds are (at the moment) stacked heavily in favour of the rags.

Let's hope that this decision evens itself out in the remaining eight games, hey?

Nothing anyone can do about it even if true so no point keep going on about it.

Poor play at Sunderland in last minute, poor performances at Everton, Swansea and Stoke have really cost us.

We really should still be at least level on points even with poor decisions.

nevilletogoater-in said:
If we performed to our potential in every match then it wouldn't matter how "bent" the officials are, we'd piss it!
That's slightly unrealistic though. No team has ever performed to their potential in every match. It's games like last night when a team doesn't play to its potential that should open things up a bit and make it interesting, but no, the rags get a helping hand over the finishing line. They tend to not get punished when not performing to their potential, and that's the most infuriating part about it. It's not often you can categorically state that the referee had a hand in deciding the outcome of a game, but last night he did.

Decisions like last night's are the result of decades of concerted intimidation and criticism of referees by that wonderful knight of the realm, and the fact he has been allowed to get away with it time after time by a spineless FA.
Of course, referees should be man enough to stand up to the bullying old pisscan, but they are only human and this sort of stuff will creep into the sub-conscious when split second decisions need to be made.
After all, who would you rather upset? The powerful man who will rant and rave in your face and call you a cheat and an idiot on TV, or the quietly spoken fella who manages a middle of the road club like Fulham?
It is all quite deliberate, a policy honed over the decades to give himself even the slightest edge.
It is a form of cheating, in its own way as odious as Italy's Calciopoli scandal, but will never be widely accepted as such by a media whose individuals are fearful of being on the end of similar treatment themselves, banned from the club and the biggest games if they dare to wander from the party line.
While Shakin Bacon has been brilliant for the rags, he has been terrible for football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.