In between jobs....

I always just hit the gym... Can't afford that then go running. Find local jogging routes.
Disabled? Look into outreach programmes in your area, they'll have organised daytrips and so on.

foxy said:
The House of Commons/ House of Lords is sitting this week so you could always sit in on a debate which is free to do. Whilst it might not be amazing you'd get to see the chambers and some parts of the Palace.

Cracking advice that mate. I'll look into it

Summerbuzz said:
I'm off sick ATM. I'm only awake 10-12 hrs a day but it still drags like fuck. Having said that there have been times where I've had a month out of work and loved every moment. I think the weather makes a difference.

Someone once said "He who seeks work finds rest, he who seeks rest finds boredom"

How true.

Get well!

another generation said:
Been there. Get a sheet of paper and write down a basic routine for the week. Time for sleeping and meals within certain time frames, then chunks of time for other activities. Get outside for at least half an hour a day, even if it isn't exercise. It's more important than you can imagine to get fresh air!

Spend some time checking over your finances, especially if you've not got any income coming in. Work everything out for the year ahead, adding on a small percentage to cover price increases, then set aside so much cash per week for what you need.

Great advice. Definitely will do that.

Actually had been pretty busy the last couple of weeks, its just today and yesterday that I've been on the bored side.

Finances aren't really a problem, I was just asked to take my leave before starting my new job, but that said, I shouldn't just use it as an opportunity to spend via boredom

Summerbuzz said:
All good advice from Another Generation. Routine, fresh air and daylight keeps your body clock in sync. Going up town and sitting with other people, having a coffee or whatever, is good for you as well. Reading anything is super useful for maintaining or improving your concentration. If you've more than a couple of weeks off find out about voluntary work. It's great to give something back, helps you keep in the swing and feeling like a useful person. Once you've got an in you'll probably find you can drop in and help out whenever things get slow for you.

johnny on the spot said:
When work got slack in my last 'normal' gig, I volunteered a lot and took courses, which eventually led to starting a new business of my own after I was made redundant. It was hard work, still is, and I still hardly make a butty, but it's what kept me off my arse and off the piss. Stay busy.

Both good advice, thanks.

I think i was initially so happy to have a break from work and no one to be held accountable for, that I thought I could just veg around and not do a great deal. Didn't realise how boring and, actually, un-relaxing doing that actually is

roaminblue said:
I think i was initially so happy to have a break from work and no one to be held accountable for, that I thought I could just veg around and not do a great deal. Didn't realise how boring and, actually, un-relaxing doing that actually is.
That's the logic I try to explain to my work colleagues when they fantasise about a huge lottery win!

roaminblue said:
Summerbuzz said:
All good advice from Another Generation. Routine, fresh air and daylight keeps your body clock in sync. Going up town and sitting with other people, having a coffee or whatever, is good for you as well. Reading anything is super useful for maintaining or improving your concentration. If you've more than a couple of weeks off find out about voluntary work. It's great to give something back, helps you keep in the swing and feeling like a useful person. Once you've got an in you'll probably find you can drop in and help out whenever things get slow for you.

johnny on the spot said:
When work got slack in my last 'normal' gig, I volunteered a lot and took courses, which eventually led to starting a new business of my own after I was made redundant. It was hard work, still is, and I still hardly make a butty, but it's what kept me off my arse and off the piss. Stay busy.

I think i was initially so happy to have a break from work and no one to be held accountable for, that I thought I could just veg around and not do a great deal. Didn't realise how boring and, actually, un-relaxing doing that actually is

Boredom will drive you fucking mad. I had a few months off work last year with a leg problem and looking back I'm extremely grateful it came during the school holidays and I was kept busy looking after our daughter.

aguero93:20 said:
roaminblue said:
Summerbuzz said:

johnny on the spot said:

Boredom will drive you fucking mad. I had a few months off work last year with a leg problem and looking back I'm extremely grateful it came during the school holidays and I was kept busy looking after our daughter.
Imagine how many posts you'd be on if it had been during term time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.