In between jobs....

dronefromsector7g said:
aguero93:20 said:
roaminblue said:
Both good advice, thanks.

I think i was initially so happy to have a break from work and no one to be held accountable for, that I thought I could just veg around and not do a great deal. Didn't realise how boring and, actually, un-relaxing doing that actually is

Boredom will drive you fucking mad. I had a few months off work last year with a leg problem and looking back I'm extremely grateful it came during the school holidays and I was kept busy looking after our daughter.
Imagine how many posts you'd be on if it had been during term time.

Imagine how many posts I'd be on if I'd had internet access for the first month of it? :D You need to stop being so jealous, tell you what, I'll ask Ric if he can transfer some of my post count to yours. :P

Boredom will drive you fucking mad. I had a few months off work last year with a leg problem and looking back I'm extremely grateful it came during the school holidays and I was kept busy looking after our daughter.

Yeah, thats the killer. Didn't realise how bad day-time TV actually was.

I can relate to this. Before the recession I was raking money in and not having to do too much work for it, from home.

It's viewed as the holy grail but the only benefit of earning money like that is for financial security. I became lazy, unmotivated, didn't get up til 10-11am, watched shite daytime TV - I basically felt like an unemployed person but I was earning money. I stopped going out, played far too much playstation, and eventually the anxiety kicked in. I started having panic attacks which led to me staying in more, which led to mild agoraphobia where I was bored at home but didn't want to leave the house or go too far as I was scared of having another panic attack. Then I started googling symptoms & became convinced I was dying of some kind of cancer or other. I was spiralling out of control, even though my business was really successful. Being alone with your thoughts for too long is not healthy, you need to get out and interact with people.

When I had kids thankfully that all went away - but let it be a lesson to you! Laziness leads to more laziness and it's a vicious cycle. I realise now that my problems stemmed from not having enough distraction in my life - obviously the kids have completely transformed that, plus I have to work harder now for less money, but I'm happier overall - keeping busy with something is the key, whatever that is. Something that is actually worthwhile though, not playstation!

Johnsonontheleft said:
I can relate to this. Before the recession I was raking money in and not having to do too much work for it, from home.

It's viewed as the holy grail but the only benefit of earning money like that is for financial security. I became lazy, unmotivated, didn't get up til 10-11am, watched shite daytime TV - I basically felt like an unemployed person but I was earning money. I stopped going out, played far too much playstation, and eventually the anxiety kicked in. I started having panic attacks which led to me staying in more, which led to mild agoraphobia where I was bored at home but didn't want to leave the house or go too far as I was scared of having another panic attack. Then I started googling symptoms & became convinced I was dying of some kind of cancer or other. I was spiralling out of control, even though my business was really successful. Being alone with your thoughts for too long is not healthy, you need to get out and interact with people.

When I had kids thankfully that all went away - but let it be a lesson to you! Laziness leads to more laziness and it's a vicious cycle. I realise now that my problems stemmed from not having enough distraction in my life - obviously the kids have completely transformed that, plus I have to work harder now for less money, but I'm happier overall - keeping busy with something is the key, whatever that is. Something that is actually worthwhile though, not playstation!

Shouldn't you be PMing Ric about your username? :)

dronefromsector7g said:
Johnsononleftwing.

Johnsonoutonbail.

Johnsoninprotectivecustody

Johnsoninsolitary

Noncesonontheleft.

Lots of possibilities really.

dronefromsector7g said:
Johnsononleftwing.

Johnsonoutonbail.

Johnsoninprotectivecustody

Johnsoninsolitary

Noncesonontheleft.

Lots of possibilities really.
Sounds like a challenge...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.