in the defence of the hughes outers

Or is it:

a)Didn't want him to start with due to his 'style' at Blackburn and no/limited track record

b)Has done nothing to change my mind on him due to his 'style' of football with us, millions spent, cannot keep a clean sheet, look awful whenever a ball comes into our box, he paid 17mil for Santa Cruz(that should be a sack-able offence on its own)

c) His horrific 4-4-2 that he tries to get us to play when not 1 player as far as I can see exept the goalkeeper(thank fuck) plays well in it

Kirkstall Blue said:
Blue Dove said:
Sorry KB, past achievements?
Have you seen our record at Anfield?[/quote

Not just at Anfield though is it? generally MH uses this terminology during press conferences as part of his explanation for the result. I think someone on here quite rightly described it as (lowering expectations). I don't want to hear about the past and maybe he is not as confident as he should be, when talking about City, it was a good result (without reference to the past)

that's more or less my stance too. His comments really bothered me, and it took me a while to figure out why.

If we believe what we are told by the owners, he has almost zero chance of being sacked before the end of the season. And whilst some fans are very critical, only a tiny few have called for him to go now. He still has a fair bit of support amongst fans and the media. So he has all season to make his point on the pitch. Why does he feel the need to make such a clumsy attempt to defend his achievements?

I think the pressures getting to him a touch. The comments betrayed a lack of confidence and a defensive outlook. The media spotlight is intense and we are quite a critical group of fans, but if he is to suceed here, I think he needs to be able to shrug all this stuff off. He has to protect the team from the pressure, encourage them to grow hard skins, to focus on the positive, and maintain their self-belief and the belief in what they are doing. That's why his comments bothered me. His self-belief, and his belief in the players should be shining through at moments like this.

I'd have preferred a bit of fighting talk:

"A draw at Anfield is always a good result, but these players know they showed the quality to take all three today."

"If our run of results has been frustrating, it's because we know we are good enough to win these matches. We've only been beaten once, and very narrowly, but we have the quality to expect to win more games"

"I believe in this group of players, I know we can go forward and start the new year in a strong position"

"Top four? Some commentators make it sound like this will be an easy year to break in, but the truth is there is more competition than ever. Who knows. I wouldn't see it as the end of the world if we didn't make it, there are other competitions, and other goals we can achieve, but these players want it and know they have the ability to compete with the best."

I hated him when he was a player and i hate him now but my main reason for wanting him out is not his sordid past quite simply i don't think he is a very good Manager, i hate the negativity, the excessive usage of the long ball and his lack of enthusiasm for flair players, he is an anachronism in the mould of Allardyce, Dave Basset, Tony Pullis, Howard Wilkinson etc i will alwyas back the players, the club but this w**nker i have nothing but contempt for and i would love it if he was replaced with a world class Manager because for the first time in our existence we have the financial means to compete with anyone and yet instead of having a Rolls Royce type manager at the helm we have a rusty old Lada.

"quote" bizzbo I'd have preferred a bit of fighting talk:

"A draw at Anfield is always a good result, but these players know they showed the quality to take all three today."

"If our run of results has been frustrating, it's because we know we are good enough to win these matches. We've only been beaten once, and very narrowly, but we have the quality to expect to win more games"

"I believe in this group of players, I know we can go forward and start the new year in a strong position"

"Exactly" you should offer to write his post match interviews :) positive spin, not dwelling on the past, that should be the preserve of our ex city players.

To Mr.Khaldoon al-Mubarak: Hughes is NOT the man for the job

I figure that since you have said in your interview on MCFC.co.uk that you read bluemoon, that you may read this.

First off, I am forever grateful to Sheik Mansoor for buying the club and being so gracious in usuing his vast resources to build City into a world power. I also applaud you for the patience you have shown in sticking with Hughes thus far. But if the ambition really is to become a world power, Mark Hughes is NOT the man for the job. Let me explain.

When Sheik Mansoor purchased the club on the last day of the transfer window just over a year ago, Hughes was already at the helm. He was Thaksin's choice and not yours. But seeing that the club was just purchased it would have been too harsh to change the manager right away. I understand that. I am reasoning that you wanted to see how he does.

Well to evaluate, after 10 games last season we were in 18th place.
We went out in the 1st round of the Carling Cup to Brighton
We went out in the 1st round of the FA Cup to Notts Forest (who were in the bottom 3 of the Championship at the time)
We made it to the 1/4 final of the UEFA Cup.

The Uefa Cup run was a good one but look at the 1/4 game. Dunne was under a yellow card and received 3 additional warnings after the card from the referee, with the last warning being "his last one". For all of us who were watching the game, and even the commentator, we ALL chimed in that Hughes "HAS to take Dunne off". Dunne's tackling was awful in that game and he was a red card liability. But when the teams came out after half time Dunne was still on the field and SURE ENOUGH...Dunne got a red card. City had to try to get the tying goal with 10 men and 15 mins to play. Game Over.

THAT is on Hughes. No excuse.

Hughes then said he needed better players. HIS team. In the January window you gave Hughes the funds needed and he was able to add some quality. Our results did improve. Credit to Hughes for that, but with the quality he had then, it could also be said that any coach would have improved the team's table position.

Time and time again, you had to make a statement in the press about Hughes staying. This wasn't just for media hype that these reports came out of Hughes being the next manager to go. It was down to his tactics, losses to teams we shouldn't lose to and our table position.

With no more Eufa Cup games, qualifying for the Euroopa League became the focus. When we started slipping out of contention again for the 7th spot, it was then "don't worry we still have 7 games to go"...then it was 4...then 2...then we're in 10th place. Season Over.

But what else could really be expected. We've taken a mediocre manager, whose career has had mediocre results and ask him to produce a winning team. What did we get? Mediocre results. Mid table results. 2 away wins all season. 10th place.

Now you have stuck with Hughes and given him over £200m thus far to add more players. Leaving everything in his control. Well the players have pressure for their position. Look at Richards now, he's on the bench. He did not perform and he got replaced by Zabaleta. Its the nature of the game. Results. Performance. If its so understandable to put pressure on a player to perform or be replaced, why is it not the same for Hughes? Its seems like he has no reason to want to be a winning team because his job is safe. He must at least believe that because when the press called for him to go, you gave him £100m to spend. How comfortable Hughes must be. No pressure at all.

Even the 1/4 of the Carling Cup hides the mediocrity of City at the moment because the teams we have played in that Cup tournament have been way below City's level.

1. Crystal Palace
2. Fulham Reserves (all 11 players for Fulham in that game had not played all season in the PL)
3. Scunthorpe

Yes, the 1/4 Final of the Carling Cup sounds good but it hides the truth. Just as "we've ONLY lost 1 game this season hide the fact that we have dropped 12 of the last 18pts available.

In the form table of the last 8 games in the Premiere League. Man City is 14th!! with 9 pts from 8 games.
We are 3pts above last placed Wolverhampton in that form table over the last 8 games. Mr. Khaldoon, did the Sheik really spend over £200m for this?

After a promising start with all the players he wanted and all the hype that the team built with its fans to be a winning team...we have drawn 6 games in a row. 3 of them were games in which we were leading. The game in hand which was an advantage is now almost insignificant because whereas before if we win the game in hand we would be in 4th, its soon we have to win the game in hand to remain 6th.

We fallen again into mediocrity. I implore you to watch the 1st half of the Liverpool game again. It was
Back Pass > Back Pass > To the Goal Keeper > Hoof the ball up forward.
With all due respect sir, THAT is not a winning team.

As I wrote in the beginning, Mediocre manager = Mediocre results.

One and a half season under Hughes and this has not been proven wrong.
How much more money must be spent, or time wasted before the Board understands this?

And by the way, last year we won 2 away games all season.
Well, after 12 games and £200m spent, away wins this season thus far = 2.

Re: To Mr.Khaldoon al-Mubarak: Hughes is NOT the man for the job

You are so gonna get shot down for this thread:)

*grabs popcorn*

Re: To Mr.Khaldoon al-Mubarak: Hughes is NOT the man for the job

GStar said:
I hate these kind of self obnoxious posts.

Thanks for attempting to contact the owner on behalf of everyone, you don't speak for us all... but i admire the effort in your post.

I agree, this sort of post is mostly about self-aggrandisement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.