in the defence of the hughes outers

You Outers are letting blueinsa down resorting to personal abuse of MH.
He said us Innies were the abusive type! ;-)

The reason I don't want Hughes there is simple...I don't think he has what it takes to take us where we are expected to go! It's nothing to do with him being ex-united or anything like that, I just can't see us breaking the top 4 with him there! And if we don't break the top 4 I can see a few of our players leaving, because they will have joined with the expectation/promise of Champions League Football!

I hope i'm wrong (obviously, I wanna see us successful) but I just can't see it, and so like someone said earlier, it just seems a waste of time him being here now! We might aswell get someone in now who is of the calibre we need to succeed!!

Blue Dove said:
You Outers are letting blueinsa down resorting to personal abuse of MH.
He said us Innies were the abusive type! ;-)

Be fair mate, good and bad on both sides pmsl ;-)

Whether this makes me weak minded or hollow im not sure but i have been in favour of hughes all along, and in the past anything anti hughes on here has usually been pretty small minded and very irrelivent to what was occuring at that time, however reading some views on this thread has made me see things slightly different, for once the "hughes haters" have really given a balanced and fact thought out arguement, and some points are hard to argue back, Hughes was never gonna please everyone but the split in fans is now bigger than ever, I feel city are at a cross roads now, something has to change and change bloody quick, either we start getting wins and decent performances, or and i never thought i'd write this Mr Hughes must go!

GStar said:
Blue2112 said:
Your right GStar I was editing it out but I was editing the RED to RAG.

Ah well, its an emmotive issue. One i'll never agree with, but your not the kind of poster who posts without thinking, so i respect your opinion, but with that part, i'll have to disagree.

Thank you for at least accepting my opinion if not agreeing because its an opinion I will never change. Your right its emotive and it tears me apart at times. I still want City to win every tackle, every throw in, every free kick and every game but behind all that is an unflinching desire to never see a City team managed by a RAG. If other people cant accept that then to coin a phrase 'get over it'.

GStar said:
cyberblue said:
Or is it:

a)Didn't want him to start with due to his 'style' at Blackburn and no/limited track record

b)Has done nothing to change my mind on him due to his 'style' of football with us, millions spent, cannot keep a clean sheet, look awful whenever a ball comes into our box, he paid 17mil for Santa Cruz(that should be a sack-able offence on its own)

c) His horrific 4-4-2 that he tries to get us to play when not 1 player as far as I can see exept the goalkeeper(thank fuck) plays well in it

His 'style' at Blackburn was to make them hard to beat and gradually bring in some finesse to thier footballing play. They were strong defending set pieces and balls into the box.

Exactly the opposite of us currently. We didn't play 442 yesterday. So i can't jump on board with your thinknig for A,B or C.

He was boring at Blackburn, it is slightly better with us. In my opinion he is inept, he was hired to get the best out of players and wheel-and-deal because we were skint. We are no longer skint which means we no longer need him. He has bought over priced average players from what i have seen(Lescott, Cruz, Bridge).

Plus I we bought Adebayor from Arsenal a team where the ball hardly leaves the ground and he is excellent with the ball at his feet. But oh no Hughes knows best 'On your head Ade' Stupid, the sooner he goes the better.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Whether this makes me weak minded or hollow im not sure but i have been in favour of hughes all along, and in the past anything anti hughes on here has usually been pretty small minded and very irrelivent to what was occuring at that time, however reading some views on this thread has made me see things slightly different, for once the "hughes haters" have really given a balanced and fact thought out arguement, and some points are hard to argue back, Hughes was never gonna please everyone but the split in fans is now bigger than ever, I feel city are at a cross roads now, something has to change and change bloody quick, either we start getting wins and decent performances, or and i never thought i'd write this Mr Hughes must go!

The draw's are bringing on a sway of opinion, 3 wins on the bounce and a top 4 spot and he will be having his praises sung,
Just us fans being a fickle bunch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.