in the defence of the hughes outers

I wonder how many people that preach the "manager needs time" mantra have decided that Sven wasn't good enough on the strength on 10 months at the club. I wonder how many were supporters of the Save Our Sven campaign.

Blue2112 said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
No I don't think they will, so who do you replace them with. How can we achieve top 4 the following season, if we fail this time with the top 3 players we've got.

Apart from the obvious top drawer manager I honestly dont know the answer if we miss out but if the club are happy with 5th or 6th spot then I hope they're confident of their ability to hold onto and attract further quality players to go forward.

i think it depends who the top 4 are, if we are 5th behind the usual top 4 then thats no disaster, if we get pipped by say villa or spurs then that wont do, we then will have had to have won a cup.

moomba said:
I wonder how many people that preach the "manager needs time" mantra have decided that Sven wasn't good enough on the strength on 10 months at the club. I wonder how many were supporters of the Save Our Sven campaign.
Not me Moomba. The same argument I use for backing Hughes is true for Sven as well. Changing managers every season or two is not the answer. I was disappointed when Sven left, and was very pissed off with the way the rug was pulled from under his feet by Thaksin.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Blue2112 said:
Ok so lets go with 5th spot, now following on to the second part of my post will players like Robinho hang around for a 3rd season in the hope of qualifying for Champions League meaning at the earliest a fourth season before going back in. Same for Tevez and Adebayor waiting a second season. These players could be playing for teams already now in the Champions League.
No I don't think they will, so who do you replace them with. How can we achieve top 4 the following season, if we fail this time with the top 3 players we've got.

Exactly..these players wont wait around and i dont blame them

de niro said:
Blue2112 said:
Apart from the obvious top drawer manager I honestly dont know the answer if we miss out but if the club are happy with 5th or 6th spot then I hope they're confident of their ability to hold onto and attract further quality players to go forward.

i think it depends who the top 4 are, if we are 5th behind the usual top 4 then thats no disaster, if we get pipped by say villa or spurs then that wont do, we then will have had to have won a cup.

I think that the way you lay out your posts De Niro, you like many of us, would love to turn it around, but also like many of us know deep down that we will win nothing with Hughes at the helm. Just my opinion of course!

shadygiz said:
i was gutted when sven left....not for his abilities as a manager, but his abilities to attract players via his previous achievements

which was down to his abilities as a manager.

Hang on a min how did we attract the players we got in august after last year ,thats probably because we had a dream and still have it ,did the players we signed sign 6 month no money contracts or long well paid ones ,because i for one believe if we didnt but another player this year we would still have the strongest squad in the prem bar maybe chelsea .So as much as the players would be dissapointed with not finishing top 4 i feel the calibre of player hughes has brought in will stand us in good stead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.