in the defence of the hughes outers

pardoe said:
Mike D said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven-Göran_Eriksson

Just a reminder of what Sven achieved and Hughes as a manager achieved ........... answers on a post card
I prefer to judge them over their time spent as manager of Manchester City Football Club.

If Sven was good enough to still be here he would be.

How do you work that one out he was sacked by that mad bankrupt thai criminal. That same mad Thai that couldn't afford to pay the players wages and had to borrow money of Wardle to do so (could he even afford to pay Sven).

pardoe said:
Mike D said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven-Göran_Eriksson

Just a reminder of what Sven achieved and Hughes as a manager achieved ........... answers on a post card
I prefer to judge them over their time spent as manager of Manchester City Football Club.

If Sven was good enough to still be here he would be.

Okay so who finished the highest league position and the most points after there first respective seasons

Blue2112 said:
pardoe said:
Get as close to the established top four as possible.

I think it depends on how far off we are. If we finish 5th but within close proximity to 4th place, Hughes will get another season. If we finish 5th and well off, or lower than 5th, then he'll be replaced.

Ok so lets go with 5th spot, now following on to the second part of my post will players like Robinho hang around for a 3rd season in the hope of qualifying for Champions League meaning at the earliest a fourth season before going back in. Same for Tevez and Adebayor waiting a second season. These players could be playing for teams already now in the Champions League.
No I don't think they will, so who do you replace them with. How can we achieve top 4 the following season, if we fail this time with the top 3 players we've got.

sven was very badly treated, he'd gone off the boil though and his indisipline both on and off the football side was never going to sit well with our owners though.where he does bury hughes is in pulling power(i dont mean birds lol) he could attract better players than most managers, would be handy atm.

de niro said:
sven was very badly treated, he'd gone off the boil though and his indisipline both on and off the football side was never going to sit well with our owners though.where he does bury hughes is in pulling power(i dont mean birds lol) he could attract better players than most managers, would be handy atm.

but we are attracting very good players hughes just doesn't know what to do with them

I think Hughes has split the fans becasue he lacks personality, quite apart from his illustrious past as a rag hero. He's a grey man, and his personality is shown in the football on the pitch. Bacon face always said he was too introverted to be a good manager. I usually take bacon face comments with a pinch of salt, but this was discussing Hughes while at blackburn. I think his use of bellamy as his rent-a-gob is indicative of his lack of personality.

His tactics have been fairly dull and predicatble. The lack of imagination or flexibality to me is a worry. I think we will continue to struggle in such a manner as long hughes resists change. To look at a manager who doesnt seems to motivate his troops, or organise them particualy well, show any nouse his tacitcal ability, begs the question what is he good at?

I was set against him joining city and havn't changed my stance since then. I thought blackburn were a horrible side to watch, but well organised. He got the best out of some very average and over rated players (rSC cough) In the same manner that a distinctly average everton side could challenge top6 fotoball, for being consistant and well organised.

Obviously the Hughes fans will feel i am being unfair. He's brought in some good players, with the 200 mill, as i would expect from most managers! Were not doing too badly, not great, but were not in a crisis. He brought a more precived professional approach to the club, ireland last season looked great ( not hit the high notes this season although last performance showed some promise). And an obvious call is the give the man time, 1 and half seasons, 200 million, still a work in progress.

I dont know what will happen, but i feel he will be given the season to prove hismelf. If spurs or villa had spent 200 million i would expect them to battle it out for top 4 . Top 6 is the very lest a dissapoint but satisfactory result.

Hughes has indeed polarized the fanbase and it's up to him to unify it!

Mike D said:
Okay so who finished the highest league position and the most points after there first respective seasons
Didn't i cover this just above?

You seem to be insinuating that Sven was a massive success for finishing a place higher than Hughes did.

The less reactionary amongst us realise there are huge differences. Sven was papering over cracks, Hughes has come in and pretty much rebuilt the club from bottom to top, not that he's finished or even well into his job.

Given the differences i think Hughes has done a better job than Sven.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Blue2112 said:
Ok so lets go with 5th spot, now following on to the second part of my post will players like Robinho hang around for a 3rd season in the hope of qualifying for Champions League meaning at the earliest a fourth season before going back in. Same for Tevez and Adebayor waiting a second season. These players could be playing for teams already now in the Champions League.
No I don't think they will, so who do you replace them with. How can we achieve top 4 the following season, if we fail this time with the top 3 players we've got.

Apart from the obvious top drawer manager I honestly dont know the answer if we miss out but if the club are happy with 5th or 6th spot then I hope they're confident of their ability to hold onto and attract further quality players to go forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.