in the defence of the hughes outers

pardoe said:
See, i disagree with Hughes having no personality. I think he's really come into his own this season. He's just extremely dry. Some people appreciate that, some don't, it's just life.

It's not a lack of personality that I find annoying, I understand that he's quite a dry person and can also be quite warm face to face, it's the fact that he doesn't seem to have any passion for the team or for the club. He isn't excited to be working at City, he's excited to be working under the Sheik, or at least this is the impression he gives off.

Damocles said:
pardoe said:
See, i disagree with Hughes having no personality. I think he's really come into his own this season. He's just extremely dry. Some people appreciate that, some don't, it's just life.

It's not a lack of personality that I find annoying, I understand that he's quite a dry person and can also be quite warm face to face, it's the fact that he doesn't seem to have any passion for the team or for the club. He isn't excited to be working at City, he's excited to be working under the Sheik, or at least this is the impression he gives off.

You didn't see him at the swamp then?

I'd rather have someone who comes across calm and calculated in all situations as opposed to looking out of control and frantic when we're loosing and surprised and over joyed when we're winning.

As Sven said, "the team know what i want before we take to the field, if i'm doing my job properly i shouldn't have to jump up and down on the touchline."

Damocles said:
pardoe said:

Is it in the same way that they say gordan brown is 'quite good' face to face. I'm not sure dry wit rubs off argentinians and brasillians with limited english.

I fear for an introverted manager in anyfield.

GStar said:
As Sven said, "the team know what i want before we take to the field, if i'm doing my job properly i shouldn't have to jump up and down on the touchline."

He know works for Notts County. I don't care who you are, if you are working for Notts County and you are in the football business, it's probably time to realise that life didn't quite work out as you had planned.

I'm aware he makes a shitload there.

The Rag link certainly has a lot to with it.

So many of us witnessed him kicking,elbowing and scoring winners against us. I wasn't enamoured when we got him and know i'm totally confused with him.

robbieh said:
Dubai Blue said:
I think a lot of it is that we've been starved of anything remotely resembling success for so long that the thought of fucking this brilliant opportunity up in true City style is scaring the absolute bejesus out of some City fans.

We're bringing in top players, being linked with yet more top players, and spending top wedge, yet we have a manager who is completely unproven at the level we're aiming for.

I think a lot of the 'Hughes Outers' simply want to play the percentage game; i.e. Who is more likely to get us where we want to go - Hiddink (etc etc) or Hughes?

It's the thought of us being the richest football club on Earth yet failing to win anything or even break the Top 4 because of loyalty to an as-yet unproven manager that is scaring a section of our fans, in my opinion. And who can blame them? I think we all have a bit of dread inside us that City could somehow fuck this wonderful opportunity up in our very own inimitable style.

So I guess I'm going for Option 3. We need to give ourselves the very best chance of succeeding, mainly because we can. I'm not sure we're currently doing that.

That sums it up perfectly. I am nervous as hell that we are going to blow this opportunity. Which is a once in a lifetime.

Absolutely spot on!

So I ask again, as I asked earlier. This time of the likes of Soulboy et al who really do just want rid of Hughes....

Should the owners do it mid-season, or do you think he deserves until the end of the season at least?

graphcopy.jpg

Are you on crack?

2 points per game would give us 76 points at the end of the season, which would put us about 3rd. You think anything below 3rd is unacceptable?

Damocles said:
Are you on crack?

2 points per game would give us 76 points at the end of the season, which would put us about 3rd. You think anything below 3rd is unacceptable?
Yes and Yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.