In what way were we negative yesterday?

cant believe some of the pure shite thats been spouted on here since wednesday night.

We have our best squad in living memory, the best forward thinking, wealthy and clued up owners in the football world, one of the best grounds in england.

We are set up for success in the not too distant future. The first third of this season has been blighted by injury and suspensions to the new signings who are still settling in.

Sure, we have had two bad days at the office, but we have not conceeded a goal in 3 games now.

Just have a little patience blues and all will come good. After all, we have waited a long time.

its not that long ago we were getting beaten by Bury and York, and more recently went half a season without scoring at home and playing football that made wednesday and yesterday look like a masterclass, so the booing yesterday was cringeworthy

UP THE BLUES FORZA MANCINI

de niro said:
hilts said:
he gave 100% as usual yesterday but didnt have his shooting boots and sometimes shot when he shouldnt, probably feels he needs to do it all himself, got his body position wrong for the goal which gave the impression it was a def handball. I think some other players need to step up and find the back of the net, i honestly feel we were out of sorts yesterday rather than negative, as i have said in other posts the pressure is affecting the players decision making. There were too many shots from outside the box that were obviously going to be blocked and some were plainly mis hit.

agreed, he was off his game, whereas i think we were negative we were also unlucky, fuck all went right for us.

roll on next week.

Yes we could have sneaked it if Carlos has been at the races but we should not be so reliant on him for goals

Playing one upfront is not always a defensive tactic tbf. But where are the runners breaking with pace from midfield and on the flanks? If this is happening then Carlos can be the last man pulling defenders out of position to create space for the runners.

Of course with so many defensively minded players this doesn't really happen. The result is that our midfielders are not scoring as many goals and therefore we are overly reliant on the one striker that we have on the pitch. we used to score lots of goals from midfield. Stevie, Shaunie, Bellers, Petrov etc. Ade is a proven 15- 20 goal a season striker but aint getting a run.

If you play to win by sneaking the odd goal then a 0 - 0 is always on the card if your main attacking threat has an off day. Spreading the responsibility for scoring goals is the answer for me and that means taking the shackles off in midfield *when appropriate*. Brum were never going to win that game and weren't really interested in trying to.

I don't want him sacked. I quite like him. I want him to succeed. Desperately. I don't care which manager ends the drought as long as someone does. His tactics are fine in some games against stronger opponents. But for me their needs to be more variety and less defensive emphasis in more games and particularly at home. I hope he adapts. Or I hope I've got him wrong. I'll be among the first to admit my error and sing his praises if I have.

Balti said:
de niro said:
agreed, he was off his game, whereas i think we were negative we were also unlucky, fuck all went right for us.

roll on next week.

Yes we could have sneaked it if Carlos has been at the races but we should not be so reliant on him for goals

Playing one upfront is not always a defensive tactic tbf. But where are the runners breaking with pace from midfield and on the flanks? If this is happening then Carlos can be the last man pulling defenders out of position to create space for the runners.

Of course with so many defensively minded players this doesn't really happen. The result is that our midfielders are not scoring as many goals and therefore we are overly reliant on the one striker that we have on the pitch. we used to score lots of goals from midfield. Stevie, Shaunie, Bellers, Petrov etc. Ade is a proven 15- 20 goal a season striker but aint getting a run.

If you play to win by sneaking the odd goal then a 0 - 0 is always on the card if your main attacking threat has an off day. Spreading the responsibility for scoring goals is the answer for me and that means taking the shackles off in midfield *when appropriate*. Brum were never going to win that game and weren't really interested in trying to.

I don't want him sacked. I quite like him. I want him to succeed. Desperately. I don't care which manager ends the drought as long as someone does. His tactics are fine in some games against stronger opponents. But for me their needs to be more variety and less defensive emphasis in more games and particularly at home. I hope he adapts. Or I hope I've got him wrong. I'll be among the first to admit my error and sing his praises if I have.

Everything that i have said today mate, agree 100%

blueinsa said:
Balti said:

Everything that i have said today mate, agree 100%

+1

Don't have a problem with negativity myself. I have a problem with not scoring goals. Haven't had one in 3 straight home games.

Not bothered if we play everyone behind the ball as long as we're scoring and winning.

Just watched MOTD2, which summed it up.

Sunderland - away from home at champions Chelsea regularly get 6/7 men forward and play with two strikers.

Arsenal - away from home at in form Everton regularly get 6 men forward.

City - at home to bottom three Birmingham just about manage to get 3 men forward.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Sunderland - away from home at champions Chelsea regularly get 6/7 men forward and play with two strikers.

City - at home to bottom three Birmingham just about manage to get 3 men forward.

We got plenty forward against Birmingham.

Keep perpetuating the myth though.

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

We got plenty forward against Birmingham.

Keep perpetuating the myth though.
I sit in 109, right by the penalty area. and i can tell you it's not a myth. When we attack from deep, the most we ever get forward is 3 or 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.