In what way were we negative yesterday?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just watched MOTD2, which summed it up.

Sunderland - away from home at champions Chelsea regularly get 6/7 men forward and play with two strikers.

Arsenal - away from home at in form Everton regularly get 6 men forward.

City - at home to bottom three Birmingham just about manage to get 3 men forward.

Inter Milan play one up front quite regularly yet they are European champions. Barcelona on the other hand attack in 6 or 7 and are not.

Blame the players. They all have massive talent, sadly some can't be fucked showing it and are happy to steal 200k a week.

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Sunderland - away from home at champions Chelsea regularly get 6/7 men forward and play with two strikers.

City - at home to bottom three Birmingham just about manage to get 3 men forward.

We got plenty forward against Birmingham.

Keep perpetuating the myth though.

No we didn't but you keep perpetuating your delusions if it makes you happy.

Successful teams have central midfielders that not only join in with the attack but overlap them and score goals. None of our midfield core is capable of this, and even Milner, one who I thought might be, clearly isn't doing what it says on the tin.

The one difference between us and other teams that play one upfront is the midfields of the other teams get goals where as ours seemingly isn't. Johnson, Milner, Silva and Yaya really do need to pull their finger out and take some of the goal burden off tevez.

Prestwich_Blue said:
flb said:
Which theyve had 10+ years to perfect
But do we look like we're heading in that direction when we play 3 defensive-minded midfield players?[/quote
why do you follow city mate ? i assume you`ve followed them a few years so obviously you`ve seen some shite.So why now can you only see the negative aspects why the need to constantly critisise ?you constantly depress the fuck out of me you call Mancini negative,the irony is outstanding fuckin cheer up<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 am --<br /><br />
jeffmr2 said:
Mancio said:
they are a team , not a work in progress

How much longer is this work in progress going to take its already been 3+years.
Im not a Mancini out but i do actually want to enjoy watching City and its not happening to the point where,and i know i'll be slated for this,i was more interested in how Cardiff were doing y'day than City as it was clear we just wernt going to go for it again.
fuck off and watch cardiff then

Prestwich_Blue said:

Which isn't a problem if we broke forward quickly, but we're so slow that by the time those three or four are up top, Birmingham had seven or eight back.

It's a standing joke on here about "pace" but we are seriously lacking any in our squad. This means we have to apply pressure and push up, but we don't, we retreat and sit on the edge of our own penalty area which leaves the front man isolated, so when we do clear the ball, because we have no pace and are slow in supporting him the opposition outnumbers him, wins the ball and we retreat again back to the edge of our own penalty area.

IMHO, Yaya is the problem. The number of times we tried to break and he just lumbered out of our penalty area alongside the centre halves, when he should have been busting a gut to get forward.
And when the opposition has the ball, the game seems to pass him by.
He might be knackered after all these games in a few weeks, so if he is, why wasn't he subbed instead of the much improved Milner?

The Pink Panther said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Which isn't a problem if we broke forward quickly, but we're so slow that by the time those three or four are up top, Birmingham had seven or eight back.

It's a standing joke on here about "pace" but we are seriously lacking any in our squad. This means we have to apply pressure and push up, but we don't, we retreat and sit on the edge of our own penalty area which leaves the front man isolated, so when we do clear the ball, because we have no pace and are slow in supporting him the opposition outnumbers him, wins the ball and we retreat again back to the edge of our own penalty area.

IMHO, Yaya is the problem. The number of times we tried to break and he just lumbered out of our penalty area alongside the centre halves, when he should have been busting a gut to get forward.
He might be knackered after all these games in a few weeks, so if he is, why wasn't he subbed instead of the much improved Milner?

I almost agree with you, I would just ask if Yaya has been told to get in the box? He never seems to when we break and he is the obvious player to do this with his hight. If he has been told too surely we would see Mancini shouting at him to get forward. I feel he isn't getting in the box because he's been told to keep it tight and not comit forward.

Dannyctid said:
The Pink Panther said:

I almost agree with you, I would just ask if Yaya has been told to get in the box? He never seems to when we break and he is the obvious player to do this with his height. If he has been told too surely we would see Mancini shouting at him to get forward. I feel he isn't getting in the box because he's been told to keep it tight and not commit forward.

Well, Platt did the after match interview on Radio Manchester and said, in defence of our supposed negative tactics, that Yaya Toure is not a defensive option, he is one of our attacking options

Yes we are negative -- the way we play totally relies on the fron 4 of which one is Milner and seems lost on the left to me.

When we attack the other two midfielder just sit deep when they should at least be coming towards the penalty area to support.

But for me this isn't the main problem - Silva needs to drop back into that gap between the front man and the holding players as everyone is to far apart. Then he needs to drop Milner or Johnoo and get some support to Tevez.

gio's side step said:
How many 'clear cut' chances did we create? Not half chances

How many?
Tevez's goal
AJ's chance in 1st half which he put wide
Milner's cleared off the line
Tevez when he went clean through and dragged shot wide

And then there were a lot of half chances, or situations where we were in and around the area but messed up with the final ball / shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.