In what way were we negative yesterday?

Fourth game in nine days yesterday.

The stats and analysis of 'patience' posters is self-explanatory.

Disappointment is understandable [and criticism is the right of every City fan] but, as others have said, the Big Picture is surely all. Arsenal could have drawn today, that lot scraped a draw yesterday and Chelsea have been battered. Not such an easy league, is it? Chill out please, ladies and gentlemen.

Anyway, my understanding is that Bobby was gutted to not have Balo available for the last two games and that he expects to sign a top forward in January to take even more pressure of Tevez, whose City career was always going to be a limited one from any sane perspective.

Anyway, I'm out schmoozing with the 'in crowd' tonight and will report back with any repeatable news anon. As ever, Forza Mancini and CTID.

So Mancini fucked up - the anti Christ. We finish the weekend no further away from the scum and a point and three goals nearer chelsea. A disaster. You have got to hand it to Mancini That boy has got the midas touch. Stick with him and he wil produce. Forza Mancini

Marvin said:
keemcfc said:
Barry on for Tévez was a huge risk, if anything it was too positive...

And RSC! Well he sparked influence into all didn't he! He set the game alight with his sublime skills!

Then when Zaba came on for Kolarov, well I just had to take my hat off to this mastermind, I mean, when were lacking pace, bringing Zaba on for the slow cumbersome Kolarov was pure genius. What else could he have done? Braught Jö on and put Barry at left back? No, that wouldn't work, maybe even left Kolarov on? Hmmm, on second thaughts Zaba is much better going forward, Zaba has a better cross, shot, and he's a lot quicker.

Well done Roberto!

Forza Mancini!
Kolarov hasn't completed 90 mins yet

Nigel Gleghorn on GMR after the game said he didn't understand the reason for subbing kolarov..... he admitted he may of been getting tired but nigel said it wasn't like city were under severe pressure and mancini could have used that substitution to field a more forward thinking player to try win the game. I must admit i agree with nigel!

1.618034 said:
The problem yesterday was that we were missing a fit/sharp Carlos Tevez.

We weren't negative tactically. Who on here thought we were being negative when they saw the team sheet...? No one. But 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

We KNOW that without Carlos firing on all cylinders we struggle to score goals. This isn't new. Adebayor wasn't available so the only other strikers available were RSC and Jo. Please don't blame Mancini for them.

Birmingham came for the draw and they got it against a tired looking forward line. We were completely solid once again and apart from the spurs game haven't been out-played yet. Not even close.

Had a look at the Guardian chalkboards to see how many shots etc and they say:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/5v1S4kiG53v5Bcq03288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chal ... v5Bcq03288</a>

24 in total
6 on target
9 off target
9 blocked

and I'm guessing Tevez's "handball" isn't included.

Our delivery from the wings and corners is poor atm and it's costing us. We need to improve in this area and one thing that worries me is that we don't really seem to be practicing or have any real plan for corners and free kicks. Not one that's working anyway. It's not like we don't have any height in the box... And with Kolarov and Balotelli this should improve but I'm stunned that anyone thinks that the wheels have completely come off. They haven't.

But at least the issue isn't that we're shipping goals or giving up lots of chances to the opposition. THAT's what winning teams are built on. Fact.

We were never going to win the league this season and anyone who thinks we were actually going to do it is deluded in the extreme. Therefore if we aren't a PL winning team yet, then there will be some issues along the way. It's natural. It doesn't fit in with the hopes and wishes of all the spoilt brats that we suddenly have "supporting" us but that's life. NB That isn't a dig at newbie posters on here or newer fans because the surprising thing is that it's some of the old-timers who apparently yearn for the days of Dickov and Morrison who are once again the loudest critics. WTF? Get down to Gigg Lane if you want that sort of up-and-at-em fare.

We are still waiting for Boateng, Kolarov and Balotelli to have any real impact on our season but they haven't got a dozen games between them yet and the difference they are going to make is significant... We obviously want them to be up to speed and helping us win games like this but again they're not, so we're just going to have to be patient. Sorry I know that's a foreign concept to the bleaters and wailers section but it's another fact.

The reaction on here and especially yesterday (by a sizeable number) is frankly ludicrous. If only it was a surprise!

I'm not happy about yesterday's result. Not at all. But I'm not about to boo the team or manager because I can see that we're in a good position in the hardest league in the world. With the potential to get a lot better. Fact.

Anyone who doesn't see that needs to give their head an enormous wobble. Teams aren't going to roll over just because we wants them to. I wonder where we're getting this "arrogant" tag from..? Anyone?

I also see that the rags are more than happy to be outplayed by an average Villa team but because they stole a point it confirms once again how good they are.(?) Funny how the spin from the media and their fans is different to ours eh?

Time to circle the wagons and stand our ground and start doing it together. Another seemingly foreign concept to some.

Come on City. Forza Mancini.

Me and others are going to stand in your corner. Fuck anyone who says any different.

Tick-Tock.

CTID
You had me at.."The problem.."
Bravo, well said Blue.

PS. Never boo YOUR team.

de niro said:
Sabster said:
Can someone please explain this to me - we weren't negative in any way.

the biggest indication was not the tevez/ barry thing, it was at the very end of the first half, time added on was 1 minute(god knows how with the timewasting) we had a throw in on the right hand touch line half way in to their half, boatang throws it short and gets it back, does he launch it into the box? no, he plays it backwards to vinnie in our own half.
that is a mentality drilled in to him.

end of game, end of this thread.

Tevez was awful all game. We played better without him.

Because we don't hoof the ball into the box and try to work chances we are negative?

flb said:
The only thing negative about MCFC is its own fans.

The boo boys wont be happy until yet another manager has been booed out of Eastlands.

Yesterday was a complete fucking embarrasment of a so called loyal support.

One thing you dont do wether you like Mancini or not is boo him or the team,and the Bellamy chants were nothing short of a complete disgrace.

The disease at this club is its own fans and they need to learn the art of keeping there fucking big mouthes firmly shut-has the last 30+ years taught anybody anything?

4th in the league and we are there on merit,because we havent got the team scoring six every game and players juggling the ball like a fucking sea lion we want a new manager.
Well said that man

Sabster said:
Can someone please explain this to me - we weren't negative in any way.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KwbcEUrxKM&feature=related[/youtube]

CTID Chris said:
mancitytmd said:
People are allowed to have an opinion or if it doesn't match with yours they have to be quiet is that it ????

Of course people are allowed opinions, but anyone can see that most of the negative posters here simply have an agenda against City's progress and/or Mancini.

i can't be doing with mancini's tactics, i want to win matches, how can that be negative?
please inform me of my agenda against our club.

de niro said:
CTID Chris said:
Of course people are allowed opinions, but anyone can see that most of the negative posters here simply have an agenda against City's progress and/or Mancini.

i can't be doing with mancini's tactics, i want to win matches, how can that be negative?
please inform me of my agenda against our club.

You've had at least a hint of positivity and offered a balanced view; I wasn't referring to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.