In your opinion, what is the problem with Robinho?

His attitude stinks. He obviously doesn't want to be here. Fuck him. Yes he has skill, and he's a good footballer... BUT that isn't everything. It's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch.

Bluemoon115 said:
masterwig said:
Watch him play against Pompey next week. He'll get his confidence going again and we might start to see a bit more from him.

I'm not his biggest fan and have criticised him a lot but against Everton Mancini threw him to the lions (possibly, if we are being extremely cynical, in a deliberate attempt to show him up and speed his exit). He didn't stand a chance in that game. Against Tottenham he was spineless and much more disappointing.

He's in last chance saloon at City and has the rest of the season to prove his worth. He could still be an important part of the team.
He got paid £160,000 that week. He should be making every effort to make sure he stands a chance in every game.

+1

I no give up on heem. (That's for Robi).
If we had been in europe this year that might have helped him get his form back. The premier does not suit his style but he is a great talent. That is why it is so frustrating watching him at the moment.

Perhaps when Vieira is in the team and we are dominating games Robi will be that luxury player that makes the difference.

rogdogblue said:
I no give up on heem. (That's for Robi).
If we had been in europe this year that might have helped him get his form back. The premier does not suit his style but he is a great talent. That is why it is so frustrating watching him at the moment.

Perhaps when Vieira is in the team and we are dominating games Robi will be that luxury player that makes the difference.
Hop you are rght mate re:Vieira

He needs to be given a bloody chance.
1. He's been injured most of the season
2. When you return from a long layoff, you need time and games - he hasn't been given these
3. With more time on the pitch, he'll regain his confidence - he's clearly a confidence player
4. He has Garrido behind him on the left right now - he needs Bridge back behind him

While he did have a dip at one point last season, he showed his talent and that even in this league, he can score and create goals. Bellamy and SWP are in front of him right now on the wings because they track back more, so why not stick him up top with Tevez. While a different type of player, I'd have him on the pitch in front of Benjani any day, and even Ade based on the last couple of months.

He'll come good!

I think Robinho and Ireland are definitely missing their partnership. Ireland finished with 9 goals and 9 assists last season, while Robinho had 14 and 5 respectively. The beauty assist to Robinho on the left in the video below is absolute money.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRph2r9wqI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRph2r9wqI</a>

This year after 21 games, Robinho has no goals and 2 assists while Ireland has only 2 goals and 1 assist which came in the first 4 games. Bellamy is on pace to better his goal total from last year, along with Tevez but what is most interesting is that the players who lead in assists this year are forwards and wingers:

2009/2010

Bellamy - 7A (6G)
SWP - 6A (3G)
Tevez - 5A (9G)
Barry - 4A (1G)
Adebayor - 3A (6G)
Petrov - 2A (4G)
Richards - 2A (2G)
Robinho - 2A
Ireland - 1A (2G)
Kompany - 1A
Lescott - 1A (1G)
RSC - 0A (2G)
Garrido - 0A (1G)
Toure - 0A (1G)

2008/2009

Ireland - 9A (9G)
SWP - 6A (5G)
Robinho - 5A (14G)
Elano - 4A (6G)
Garrido - 2A (1G)
Sturridge - 2A (1G)
Zabaleta - 2A (1G)
Ball - 1A
Bellamy - 1A (8G)
Bojinov - 1G, 1A (1G)
De Jong - 1A
Evans - 1A (1G)
Given - 1A
Johnson - 1A
Kompany - 1A (1G)
Benjani - 1A (1G)
Onuoha - 1A (1G)
Richards - 1A (1G)
Vassell - 1A
Caceido 0A (5G)
Dunne - 0A (1G)
Fernandes - 0A (1G)

The play doesn't seem to be driven from the mid-field as much anymore which might account for why Ireland hasn't produced the points he did last year although I still find him the best at moving the ball forward for us. It also appears as though the team is playing more organized as a smaller core of players do the scoring.

I just dont think he's as good as we first thought. Yes he has great ball skills and vision but he's just too frail for the Premier League. He's too easily eased off the ball, defenders have learned how to play him.

There have been plenty of very succesful small players, but they've usually had either blistering pace (Robinho isnt slow but he doesnt frighten defenders with his pace) and/or they've been pocket battleships (eg Keegan or Maradonna). He's lightweight and has a poor attitude.

I am incredibly massively hugely and passionatly upset that Rob is such an arsehole, I desperatly wanted him to become a legend at City but its all ending in tears.

too rich too young.. no brazillian fuckwits round him anymore, which has really isolated him.. sylvinho not a back stabbing knob.. and he just doesnt have the physical,mental strength to be a top premiership player.. Oh and for a player who's advertised as a winger-striker ,,he has no pace or dynamic shooting power.. £32 million, is a disgrace,i remember the shit bradbury took for us spending £3 million on him..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.