Individual Match Tickets - 2024/25

I've got a season ticket but if I didn't and wanted to go to every match, I'd buy rags, Liverpool, arsenal and last game from city then buy the rest a few days on here or one of the Facebook ticket sites for half the price city charge

Looking forward to all these games having hundreds on sale on viagogo and ebay come a week before each game sigh
I just typed City v Ipswich into google
First one……
784 tickets available.
Just think of 784 tickets x 4 major ticket agencies ***shakes head***

Attachments

• IMG_0866.png
    IMG_0866.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 48
Did you not get the offer of a flexi gold this season? i know people who have done maybe 5/6 games a season for the last 2/3 years who got the offer.
I’m well more than that and over a longer period, and didn’t get any offer, so it’s definitely a head scratcher.

Sorry to hear about the hassle many have been through today.

As some of you may know, City Matters worked with the Club after the Real Madrid debacle in 2023 to improve match day criteria - explicitly rewarding prior attendance. That's worked relatively well on occasion, such as Madrid last season, but we still believe that the criteria should be organised around ticket points and that for Premier League games in particular it should be tighter.

The Club's view is that they want to ensure that those who purchase a membership are not locked out from buying tickets. So the current approach helps to sell memberships. It also creates a higher demand on days like today, which is probably good from a marketing perspective. Likewise, sales in advance does provide relative financial certainty from their perspective (although I don't think we would have to worry about ticket sales if we priced match day tickets accordingly, but I digress). But my primary concern is that it creates a poor experience for supporters and does not adequately reward prior attendance.

Believe it or not, yesterday and today could have been worse. The initial plans were to use three games as the criteria for the United, Liverpool and Arsenal matches. We managed to get this changed back to five games. The Club also intended for the final home game of the season to be sold to those who purchased membership at any time, but they changed this to before the fixtures were announced.

Whilst I am evidently pleased with those changes we achieved, it's also plainly obvious that they do not go far enough. It gives more evidence to my views outlined in the second paragraph, although I think the case was already compelling in that regard.

As one slither of silver lining, the Club have agreed that any tickets returned by an away team will be capped at £30. This makes sense given that the Club will have accounted for a £30 sale in their business plan. So, there is likely to be a number of matches with (relatively) cheaper tickets on sale at short notice.

Another element to this is All Games on Sale, which I don't particularly support given the financial outlay required and the free for all it creates. That said, the Club have agreed to bring in a sales window three weeks out from each game (in part, I think, due to the Flexi Gold sales). I am still waiting for clarity on the numbers that will be available in isolation from Flexi Gold, but I will be pushing that there is robust ticket point criteria in place.

Sorry to hear about the hassle many have been through today.

As some of you may know, City Matters worked with the Club after the Real Madrid debacle in 2023 to improve match day criteria - explicitly rewarding prior attendance. That's worked relatively well on occasion, such as Madrid last season, but we still believe that the criteria should be organised around ticket points and that for Premier League games in particular it should be tighter.

The Club's view is that they want to ensure that those who purchase a membership are not locked out from buying tickets. So the current approach helps to sell memberships. It also creates a higher demand on days like today, which is probably good from a marketing perspective. Likewise, sales in advance does provide relative financial certainty from their perspective (although I don't think we would have to worry about ticket sales if we priced match day tickets accordingly, but I digress). But my primary concern is that it creates a poor experience for supporters and does not adequately reward prior attendance.

Believe it or not, yesterday and today could have been worse. The initial plans were to use three games as the criteria for the United, Liverpool and Arsenal matches. We managed to get this changed back to five games. The Club also intended for the final home game of the season to be sold to those who purchased membership at any time, but they changed this to before the fixtures were announced.

Whilst I am evidently pleased with those changes we achieved, it's also plainly obvious that they do not go far enough. It gives more evidence to my views outlined in the second paragraph, although I think the case was already compelling in that regard.

As one slither of silver lining, the Club have agreed that any tickets returned by an away team will be capped at £30. This makes sense given that the Club will have accounted for a £30 sale in their business plan. So, there is likely to be a number of matches with (relatively) cheaper tickets on sale at short notice.

Another element to this is All Games on Sale, which I don't particularly support given the financial outlay required and the free for all it creates. That said, the Club have agreed to bring in a sales window three weeks out from each game (in part, I think, due to the Flexi Gold sales). I am still waiting for clarity on the numbers that will be available in isolation from Flexi Gold, but I will be pushing that there is robust ticket point criteria in place.
It was definitely far better than last year, not perfect but hopefully with the extended stadium more improvements for Matchday sales can be implemented. Having more options of seats together and less singles being one. The 3 weeks before is far better than the second round of sales last year.

It was definitely far better than last year, not perfect but hopefully with the extended stadium more improvements for Matchday sales can be implemented. Having more options of seats together and less singles being one. The 3 weeks before is far better than the second round of sales last year.

Better than last year is probably based on luck.

I didn't even got on yesterday, and today only a few seats were available for the less popular matches.

Last year felt like the wild west, but it was a whole lot less crowded.

I've got a season ticket but if I didn't and wanted to go to every match, I'd buy rags, Liverpool, arsenal and last game from city then buy the rest a few days on here or one of the Facebook ticket sites for half the price city charge
If you didn't have a season ticket it's highly unlikely you would get tickets for those 4 games on the current system, not as simple as just saying you would just get them from the club.

Better than last year is probably based on luck.

I didn't even got on yesterday, and today only a few seats were available for the less popular matches.

Last year felt like the wild west, but it was a whole lot less crowded.
Don’t think so I got a very similar queue number to last year 34000 took about 1 hour 45 min , but last year tickets were appearing and disappearing and I ended up with just one game. This year once in there was far more choice, and found tickets for 3 games ,wasn’t bothered which 3, and the 3 games that went on yesterday don’t bother me that much, just like going to games.Think less people being allowed in at one time helped. Could have bought more but will buy them as they come up.
The only issue as I said had to buy singles close together a shortage of seats together, but that can’t reaaly be solved until the extended end opened and relocations occur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.