Individual Match Tickets - 2024/25

Didn't the "all games" release come in after Covid in 2021?

But agree that it's last season that it went crazy. I said earlier in the thread, it's almost certainly the Haaland factor.
No it was a few years before that,think I was on holiday in Croatia first time which puts it 7 or 8 years ago as we went twice.

well i like the system

i like the fact that i can plan ahead

i like the fact that i can manage to get tickets. its not easy and i didn't get the games i wanted. but i wanted 6 and got 6.

i do 6 every year. it works for my life balance.

in the past it was tricker as those with the points (the haves) stopped those without the points (the have nots) from becoming the haves. what we have is fairer on everyone. normally i'm quite right leaning and it feels like our ticketing is more left leaning. feels like we've gone from a tory system to a labour one. all equal and all that poppycock.

the big games, finals etc, still favour those with points. so the benefit is still there.

i've been a junior blue (does that even exist anymore?) and a season ticket holder. and then a game by game merchant. but i just love this preseason ticket sale. the best system i've seen.

i can understand why those with lots of points don't like it. but i just think this is fairer.

just stating my point of view as most seem to criticise it and i think it needs some balance.

Spot on. I can only realistically attend Saturday games. And you get the best prices for flights if you book a few weeks in advance. So, once I knew the game was definitely on the Saturday, I had to wait for tickets to go on sale to Cityzen members I secured my Ipswich ticket at midday after being number 42,990 in the queue at 10 a.m..I then got flights from Dublin to Manchester for €48; if you left it until the week of the game, you could treble that, at least. We don't all live half an hour from the ground, unfortunately.

I’m the opposite, my 3 or 4 trips to UK/Europe are booked 12 months in advance, so I just rely on the PL Fixture Gods as to which fixtures I get.

Except for Chelsea in January, all my games are against 2nd 3rd tier teams, so no problem getting tickets even though I was 61000 in the queue.

For Chelsea I kept doing the refresh thing, and eventually got a seat in my cart at the 40+th attempt.

I would have qualified for Arse, Dippers & Scum, but they’re on dates I’m not over.

Now just need to see what the CL Draw Gods give me for rnd 3 & 7.

Spot on. I can only realistically attend Saturday games. And you get the best prices for flights if you book a few weeks in advance. So, once I knew the game was definitely on the Saturday, I had to wait for tickets to go on sale to Cityzen members I secured my Ipswich ticket at midday after being number 42,990 in the queue at 10 a.m..I then got flights from Dublin to Manchester for €48; if you left it until the week of the game, you could treble that, at least. We don't all live half an hour from the ground, unfortunately.
You’re arguing against your own point here. We know the Ipswich game is on the Saturday, as is the Brentford game and the Arsenal game is a Sunday, so great, release the tickets for those games.

However, we don’t as yet know the date and time of every other game for the rest of the season, so hold those back until we do. There would usually be a good six weeks between the tickets going on sale and the game being played if it was done this way.

Wow - shows how things have changed. I've got purchases for some big games bought throughout the year as late as the 2019/20 season.
Yes, before Covid the summer sales didn't cause any panic because most games had tickets available well into the season and lesser games all the way up to the match. I do think if they add 3-4000 extra match day seats all but the 3 bigger games and last game will be frrely available after the summer sale.

well i like the system

i like the fact that i can manage to get tickets. its not easy and i didn't get the games i wanted. but i wanted 6 and got 6.

in the past it was tricker as those with the points (the haves) stopped those without the points (the have nots) from becoming the haves. what we have is fairer on everyone. normally i'm quite right leaning and it feels like our ticketing is more left leaning. feels like we've gone from a tory system to a labour one. all equal and all that poppycock.

the big games, finals etc, still favour those with points. so the benefit is still there.

i've been a junior blue (does that even exist anymore?) and a season ticket holder. and then a game by game merchant. but i just love this preseason ticket sale. the best system i've seen.

i can understand why those with lots of points don't like it. but i just think this is fairer.

just stating my point of view as most seem to criticise it and i think it needs some balance.
A points system is much fairer in my opinion, as a person who doesn’t have a high amount of points I’d rather miss out on a game to a local who will enjoy the game and get involved rather than a YouTuber. Where you do have a point is the barrier to becoming a have rather than a have not. Personal opinion, should be done on a points system with the twist being points expire. If points lasted say 3 seasons and if you regularly keep going you kind of hit a natural ceiling, if you stop going it removes your right to jump the queue for a big game because you served your time way back when.

A points system is much fairer in my opinion, as a person who doesn’t have a high amount of points I’d rather miss out on a game to a local who will enjoy the game and get involved rather than a YouTuber. Where you do have a point is the barrier to becoming a have rather than a have not. Personal opinion, should be done on a points system with the twist being points expire. If points lasted say 3 seasons and if you regularly keep going you kind of hit a natural ceiling, if you stop going it removes your right to jump the queue for a big game because you served your time way back when.
I agree with you on the rolling points, they go after three or even five years. I wouldn’t necessarily sell all games on a points basis either, the games against United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. first and last of the season yes points, but the majority open to all match day members, easy to get on the ladder that way, but you have to serve a few games before getting tickets for the biggies.

well i like the system

There is no fairness about out it ,its complete pot luck, both a fan with zero points or 10000 points can end up with zero tickets depending on where the system puts you in the que .

Last edited:
Alot of people still about the United, Liverpool and Arsenal games that went on sale.

Anyone else think should have started the criteria off at 10+ Premier League games in the last two seasons and worked it's way down instead of starting off at 5+ Premier League games which in truth is pretty low over the course of two seasons.

I know it's tough but there's no point getting worked up about it, It's something that's out of our control unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.