Individual Match Tickets - 2024/25

I'm agreeing with you.

More unique fans means more merchandise sold and higher likelihood of refreshments (tourists likely aren't pre drinking in a local).

I feel a lot of legacy fans have already been priced out to some degree.

It is 100% to do with disposable income.

I said somewhere else, if the club knew there wouldn't be any blowback whatsoever, they'd get rid of season tickets. It'll never happen because of the reaction, but they'd take it if the opportunity came.
So why have they increased the S/C / Flexi Gold option and decreased matchday tickets this season?

I understand the financial side of it, and yes it benefits those on higher incomes. I just don’t see how anyone can presume which fans have and don’t have the money based more or less on age and or where they live. Don’t think international fans really comes into it though it would benefit them to sell this way but expect they only attend a couple of games, the majority of match day fans I expect are still UK based.
I wouldn’t say it’s a presumption. you can look at the average income across greater Manchester and see there’s a lot of people struggling. Younger people generally tend to earn less as well. A lot of people on lower incomes or from deprived areas have been priced out.

In my view we still have a very working class fanbase and this excludes a lot of people from that. The evidence for me is premier league crowds compared to fa cup crowds. I go to league matches and rarely see families or young lads - it’s the complete opposite for cup games. It’s the same if you compare ss2 to ss3.

I’m kind of going a bit off topic here, but hopefully you understand my main point.

So why have they increased the S/C / Flexi Gold option and decreased matchday tickets this season?
To get more kids to be able to sit / stand with their Mums and Dads, Aunties and Uncles etc, who are established City season card holders. It makes sense to reduce the average age of fans.

Flexi - golds for adults wa added for fairness.

I started this last season, might resurrect the thread; my theory is still that season tickets will diminish steadily over time, an atiquated model of loyalty and affordability.

You have many 10s of 1000s on memberships that simply give you a 'chance' to buy a ticket and increasing levels of memberships up to 100s of pounds a year, that gone you a better chance. Pay more, get a better chance, with no actual ticket in hand yet.

Then you can flog tickets at high rates per capita, much higher than the season ticket average per match, and you could double (?) ticket income. Possibly more.

I started this last season, might resurrect the thread; my theory is still that season tickets will diminish steadily over time, an atiquated model of loyalty and affordability.

You have many 10s of 1000s on memberships that simply give you a 'chance' to buy a ticket and increasing levels of memberships up to 100s of pounds a year, that gone you a better chance. Pay more, get a better chance, with no actual ticket in hand yet.

Then you can flog tickets at high rates per capita, much higher than the season ticket average per match, and you could double (?) ticket income. Possibly more.
I think concessions will also become a thing of the past over time unfortunately.

I don't think any system will be seen as fair to everyone one.

I only have around 450 points yet have been going to matches for decades. You don't get points for away games which seem to be easier to get when the games are midweek on the south coast.

We didn't qualify for the CL against RM even though on seasons gone by we got tickets for RM, PSG etc without problems. I understand the new system but it rules us out because midweek games mean staying over and the price for that has gone through the roof since covid.

I understand people wanting the points system but not sure if we would qualify for that ! Using the points system stops new younger fans from becoming City fans if they can't get tickets.

Releasing them all at once means you have to have the cash ready which again is difficult. I have a small inheritance so I'm OK on that front.

The fact that you can become a member on the day of the tickets being released is wrong. Even when joining the local OSC we couldn't apply for tickets until after Christmas ( we joined in June ). Seems fair to me.

The real things that piss me of, when we don't qualify is seeing loads of half n half scarfs on the TV.

We apart from my lad are all FOCs been around England and Europe following City for decades.
It's sad that we now find it's getting harder and harder to get tickets at a time when we are finding it harder and harder to survive the trip lol

I haven't a clue how to make the tickets system fit all, haven't a clue. My lad took a day off work, we got 4 games couldn't get tickets to sit together :(

Rant over

. I understand the new system but it rules us out because midweek games mean staying over and the price for that has gone through the roof since covid.
Tell me about it. Hotel room rates have gone through the roof in the last two or three years. I'm over for the Ipswich game (flying over friday afternoon, and back on Saturday night). And a run of the mill 3* hotel is costing me £100 for the Friday night. If I wanted to stay in the Lowry or the Hilton (Ha!), you're talking between £400 and 500, for one night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.