Inheriting 250k and a house

Pay off the mortgage and don't blow the rest on shit like German cars etc.
I would invest the rest in blue chip shares like say the big banks they will always go up steadily over time and you will thank me in five years.

Last edited:
I’d just pass it on to an old, long standing mate on the internet who supported the same team. Save yourself the headache of deciding wnat
To spend it on.

If it happened to me I’d probably pass it straight onto you @stonerblue . Just letting you know.
Damn. I came here to say something similar. And those Autechre vinyl..

Always nice to hear someone come into a bit of good fortune, whatever you do mate bloody well enjoy it.

Get a fucking good solicitor & estate agent.

Go on a holiday of a lifetime so you do nothing rash.

Decide if your staying in your present home and do it up to a high spec. Work a plan out of what needs doing in what order or where your moving to.

That'll be 10% please.

If you've inherited it, it means someone has passed away, so I'm really sorry for your loss
Where are we going for a night out to commiserate and you're paying?

The first sentence is real, the second is a poor attempt at humour

It depends on your, your wife's and your kids ages

In my case at 61 with two 20 odd year old daughters, I'd ring fence what myself and wifey needed for a very comfortable retirement (£200k added to our retirement funds) and split the rest between the kids, but I'd certainly be seeking solid financial tax advice from a qualified professional

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.