Inheriting 250k and a house

If it really is in Florida US taxes can be complicated.
If you sell it now there will be no UK taxes to pay.

Get 4 houses. Use 50k deposit on each and rent them out with BTL mortgages. In a few years you'll be nearly a millionaire.

Can be a hassle, but in the meantime you will make a couple of hundred a month off each and someone else is paying off the mortgages for you.

Ok, before we go any further i have to say it's not me who's inheriting but someone very close too me.
I'd have took @Barcon advice and be on a plane now.

It's a mid 30's family, hard working with 2 young kids and a mortgage.
I was wondering about trust funds/savings accounts for the kids and high interest accounts for the rest? The only advice i can offer is pay off mortgage and all debts and after that i'm clueless.

No mate, that was a t(r)opical joke.
House is in Manchester and worth around 200k. Am i right in thinking that the house value is not part of the calculations for inheritance tax?
nope - house is part of the estate so its value will be included - depends on the history of the previous owners at what level IHT applies - not sure what it is these days, but it might be double if a spouse has passed their half on first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.