Injuries...

Champions2012! said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
shevtheblue said:
Now I know there have been tonnes of games, but how is it possible we can have so many muscular injuries in half a season? Are there any (real) physios on here that can explain how this could possibly happen or is it just bad luck?

Every team gets them simple as.

This. I think we just notice ours more because City is the team we support.

We notice ours because of the cliff drop in quality between our first choice XI and the back ups. Look at Chelsea's bench today:

Cole
Lampard
Oscar
Mikel
Salah
Ba
Schwarze

Great players who can easily slot into the team should an injury occur or just to bring on to change the game now look at ours:

Milner
Rodwell
Clichy
Pantilimon
Jovetic
Boyata
Mesquita Lopes

Only Jovetic is of the quality to slot into our team without a drop in performance. The rest are average at best. IT was always going to be a problem should we lose a few players to injury and with the amount of games in such a short period of time they have come at the worst possible time.

RandomJ said:
Champions2012! said:

We notice ours because of the cliff drop in quality between our first choice XI and the back ups. Look at Chelsea's bench today:

Cole
Lampard
Oscar
Mikel
Salah
Ba
Schwarze

Great players who can easily slot into the team should an injury occur or just to bring on to change the game now look at ours:

Milner
Rodwell
Clichy
Pantilimon
Jovetic
Boyata
Mesquita Lopes

Only Jovetic is of the quality to slot into our team without a drop in performance. The rest are average at best. IT was always going to be a problem should we lose a few players to injury and with the amount of games in such a short period of time they have come at the worst possible time.

Our bench would look considerably different if Nasri, Aguero, Garcia and Fernandinho were fit.
Chelsea only have Torres injured.

TCIB said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
They have come at a terrible time. We look nowhere near as good without Aguero and Fernandinho.

I have to admit i agree with this.
A bit like Barcelona look nowhere near as good without Messi, or Bayern look nowhere near as good without Robben<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 am --<br /><br />
RandomJ said:
Champions2012! said:

Cole
Lampard
Oscar
Mikel
Salah
Ba
Schwarze

Milner
Rodwell
Clichy
Pantilimon
Jovetic
Boyata
Mesquita Lopes

Not a great comparison seeing as Nasri, Fernandinho, Garcia, Aguero are injured with Milner, Negredo and Clichy recovering from injuries. You have to compare squads when fit

Marvin said:
TCIB said:
They have come at a terrible time. We look nowhere near as good without Aguero and Fernandinho.

I have to admit i agree with this.
A bit like Barcelona look nowhere near as good without Messi, or Bayern look nowhere near as good without Robben

-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 am --

RandomJ said:
Champions2012! said:

Cole
Lampard
Oscar
Mikel
Salah
Ba
Schwarze

Milner
Rodwell
Clichy
Pantilimon
Jovetic
Boyata
Mesquita Lopes

Not a great comparison seeing as Nasri, Fernandinho, Garcia, Aguero are injured with Milner, Negredo and Clichy recovering from injuries. You have to compare squads when fit

No I'm comparing the squads in real time, now not when everyone is fit. Now is all that matters and right now Chelsea have the squad to go from strength to strength while ours is at breaking point. We can bemoan our bad luck but we should also bemoan why after such heavy investment our second string is still so poor.

Throw in Nasri too, we basically got beat by Chelseas first team tonight and fair play to them they were very good, but imagine our first team against them with Hazard and two other first 11 players missing, we'd have coasted to a victory.

I just think Chelsea are really really lucky this season. They have no injuries whatsoever to a squad of that size, its just amazing. So annoying.

I'd like Txiki Begiristain to get someone in to have a look at the way we train as it worries me. If it's fine then all well and good and we've just been unlucky but there is a high-correlation between poor conditioning training & injuries.

When Phil Batty was the team doctor, our injury record was superb as I believe he stood up to Mancini over bringing players back too soon. So he got sacked, Mancini brought his own man in and our injury record seemed to get a lot worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.