Injuries...

Strange how when we hear opposition fans banging on about injuries we tend to see them as whinging twats just looking for excuses ;)

Maybe the strength & conditioning coach could tweak the weight room workouts in some way to help preclude these muscular injuries. They seem to sideline our players at least a month each time.

cleavers said:
stimo said:
no conspiracy theories for me.

we play at a very high intensity!
Exactly why, its not that hard to see the effort these guys put in, and are at the very edge of fitness, its very easy playing the way do, to get these muscle injuries.

This. It's not that hard to understand. Look at Chelsea they play at a snails pace and they don't get many muscle injuries.

Without Nasri, ferdandinho and Aguero for the next 3 weeks I can see our season falling apart. This high tempo game we play and loved so much has come at a cost. We may have to look at being more pragmatic and doing a Maureen and shutting up shop after going 2-0 up rather going hell for leather for 90 mins just to get more goals. 3 points is 3 points whether you win 1-0 or 6-1.

Armaan said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
They have come at a terrible time. We look nowhere near as good without Aguero and Fernandinho.
Throw in Nasri too, we basically got beat by Chelseas first team tonight and fair play to them they were very good, but imagine our first team against them with Hazard and two other first 11 players missing, we'd have coasted to a victory.
A bit of perspective, i like it. Its getting crazy on here. Before the game there were plenty of calls of a thrashing and how many we'd score. After we lost, people are saying season over and ive even seen some questioning our ability to beat sunderland in the cup.

citymad said:
Without Nasri, ferdandinho and Aguero for the next 3 weeks I can see our season falling apart. This high tempo game we play and loved so much has come at a cost. We may have to look at being more pragmatic and doing a Maureen and shutting up shop after going 2-0 up rather going hell for leather for 90 mins just to get more goals. 3 points is 3 points whether you win 1-0 or 6-1.

Its going to be tough for sure , the injury toll is way too high for anybody's liking now and Ferny's one may have tipped us over the edge.

citymad said:
Yeh, I'd like to see us adopt a more pragmatic approach, especially if it keeps us picking up points in the league until our key player come back, the cups against Chelsea and Barca may be out of our hands due to injuries but we have to at least stay at the top, considering our fixture list, and hopefully (please, let our key players stay fit for once this season!)we have a full squad by early March ready for the final push.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.