Injuries...

super_city_si said:
Armaan said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
They have come at a terrible time. We look nowhere near as good without Aguero and Fernandinho.
Throw in Nasri too, we basically got beat by Chelseas first team tonight and fair play to them they were very good, but imagine our first team against them with Hazard and two other first 11 players missing, we'd have coasted to a victory.
A bit of perspective, i like it. Its getting crazy on here. Before the game there were plenty of calls of a thrashing and how many we'd score. After we lost, people are saying season over and ive even seen some questioning our ability to beat sunderland in the cup.

TBF I would place a bet those fans expecting a goal fest were newbies and with not much knowledge of the premier league or football. Proper fans knew what the deal was and personally I was prepared for this result tonight. I'm more concerned about a growing injury list.

citymad said:
super_city_si said:
Armaan said:
Throw in Nasri too, we basically got beat by Chelseas first team tonight and fair play to them they were very good, but imagine our first team against them with Hazard and two other first 11 players missing, we'd have coasted to a victory.
A bit of perspective, i like it. Its getting crazy on here. Before the game there were plenty of calls of a thrashing and how many we'd score. After we lost, people are saying season over and ive even seen some questioning our ability to beat sunderland in the cup.

TBF I would place a bet those fans expecting a goal fest were newbies and with not much knowledge of the premier league or football. Proper fans knew what the deal was and personally I was prepared for this result tonight. I'm more concerned about a growing injury list.

We all knew that the cover for Yaya and Fernandinho is a step down! We made great signings in the summer but letting Barry go & then not signing Fernando in Jan could prove to be major clangers!!!!!

I'm just glad we don't have the rags on Saturday. That would be horrendous.

Impact injuries are one thing, and there's not a lot you can do when someone gets kicked (Nasri), but it seems to me that there's something seriously amiss with all these muscular injuries we've got this season. Silva, Kompany, Kun (twice) and now Fern. Is the medical care lacking, or is it the way the players are training/warming up?

Too many training injuries, to just blame it on bad luck

Also, been noticing a lot of challenges are thrown in on our players by the opposition with no intention of getting the ball. I think this is because of the possession style of football we play, which is very frustration for them. Not sure how we could protect our players against this.

I think the player's bodies are adjusting to Pelle's methods. Mancini had a very stiff system, I had expect the injuries to decrease next season once they get used to finishing the season with the same intense training regime.

Lets list out the potential return dates to just make us feel better?

Aguero - 4 more weeks (not confirmed)
Fernandinho - 3-4 weeks (not confirmed)
Nasri - 3 weeks? (already taking part in bit part training)
Javi Garcia - ?

I think we can potentially have Nasri back for the Barca game but the question then would be who would Pellegrini replace?

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'd like Txiki Begiristain to get someone in to have a look at the way we train as it worries me. If it's fine then all well and good and we've just been unlucky but there is a high-correlation between poor conditioning training & injuries.

When Phil Batty was the team doctor, our injury record was superb as I believe he stood up to Mancini over bringing players back too soon. So he got sacked, Mancini brought his own man in and our injury record seemed to get a lot worse.

I totally agree, it is something that is easy to fix if indeed there is a problem and for value for money I'm sure paying a team doctor/physio is small time compared to the players wages. Where is Batty now, is he at another club ?

Our biggest issue is losing Fernandinho, this is the one player which we don't have an adequate replacement for. With Aguero our there is a problem but we have a ridiculous amount of quality in our strike force. When Nasri got injured it was a blow but we still had Navas, Milner, Jovetic and Silva or even push Kolarov up the pitch in front of Clichy. Granted Nasri is a loss but we can cope. When we lost Fernandinho his backup Garcia is also injured. The difference Between the two or even with MDM or Rodwell there instead is huge, especially against arguably our biggest rivals in the league.

Admittedly we had a very similar issue when Kompany was injured at the beginning of the season, the backups weren't leaders or organisers of the defence and everyone tried there looked elsewhere for someone to organise them defensively during the game. Even the replacement we bought went out injured before he kicked a ball for us, then both Nastasic and Lescott picked up injuries during this time too, so we never had any consistency and we dropped points.

If we could keep the players fit it would help the coach immensely, maybe a look at the training can benefit the club in both the short and long term.

Jimfv1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I'd like Txiki Begiristain to get someone in to have a look at the way we train as it worries me. If it's fine then all well and good and we've just been unlucky but there is a high-correlation between poor conditioning training & injuries.

When Phil Batty was the team doctor, our injury record was superb as I believe he stood up to Mancini over bringing players back too soon. So he got sacked, Mancini brought his own man in and our injury record seemed to get a lot worse.

I totally agree, it is something that is easy to fix if indeed there is a problem and for value for money I'm sure paying a team doctor/physio is small time compared to the players wages. Where is Batty now, is he at another club ?

Our biggest issue is losing Fernandinho, this is the one player which we don't have an adequate replacement for. With Aguero our there is a problem but we have a ridiculous amount of quality in our strike force. When Nasri got injured it was a blow but we still had Navas, Milner, Jovetic and Silva or even push Kolarov up the pitch in front of Clichy. Granted Nasri is a loss but we can cope. When we lost Fernandinho his backup Garcia is also injured. The difference Between the two or even with MDM or Rodwell there instead is huge, especially against arguably our biggest rivals in the league.

Admittedly we had a very similar issue when Kompany was injured at the beginning of the season, the backups weren't leaders or organisers of the defence and everyone tried there looked elsewhere for someone to organise them defensively during the game. Even the replacement we bought went out injured before he kicked a ball for us, then both Nastasic and Lescott picked up injuries during this time too, so we never had any consistency and we dropped points.

If we could keep the players fit it would help the coach immensely, maybe a look at the training can benefit the club in both the short and long term.

Not just bad luck for me. Too many similar injuries to be a coincidence. Something is wrong either with the way we warm up or the quality of the medical staff. I moaned about the support staff not helping Manuel in Munich and I'm going to do it again. Sorry, we can have the best players but if the men behind the scenes aren't good enough we will always have problems. I think like Prestwich Blue the top dogs need to have a look at why these thing reoccur so frequently. It is a huge concern in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.