Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with a two week international break the amount of games we have is staggering, we will miss him big time against Spurs, Southampton and Bayern.

I am expecting points dropped from us, he is that important!

sam-caddick said:
Even with a two week international break the amount of games we have is staggering, we will miss him big time against Spurs, Southampton and Bayern.

Hopefully be back for the Southampton game if we're lucky.

Massive blow. No coincidence that our good goalscoring form has come when Nasri and Silva have both been on the pitch together. Can't believe I've finally got what I wanted; Navas benched, then he gets another chance out of nowhere. We're gonna get battered by Bayern again ffs.

Joburg Hero said:
Massive blow. No coincidence that our good goalscoring form has come when Nasri and Silva have both been on the pitch together. Can't believe I've finally got what I wanted; Navas benched, then he gets another chance out of nowhere. We're gonna get battered by Bayern again ffs.

That's one of my concerns with his Injury as I think if we played Silva and Nasri in the same teams against Bayern we should have a better chance of giving them a game as we would have more possession and Yaya and Fernandinho wouldn't get so isolated.

Navas is a great winger but him being out wide against Bayern was one of the reasons our central midfield got done in big time.

Another big loss against Bayern would just drop our confidence going into the knockouts to the lowest of lows, I was hoping to try and beat Bayern so we could have that big game confidence going into the next round, even if it was a draw!

No chance without Silva if you ask me!

sam-caddick said:

I do think he's our most important player. City playing their best always coincides with Silva playing his best.

Obviously that's a large part down to his ability, but it's also because we don't have a back-up playmaker like him. Yes Nasri is an attacking midfielder, but he can't control a game like Silva.

Gutted. Just when Silva had found his merlin-touch again. We did so well with him since his return from injury vs Everton.

We are unlucky with injuries, especially as Silva, Kompany, and maybe Jovetic are all influencial players. Let's hope we are able to continue our goalscoring form without him. But going on results away from home without Silva and the fact we have lost 1-0 in the last 3 meetings at their place) doesn't fill me with a lot of confindence.

its just part of being a top team and you should not bank on 1 player and hope to god he stays fit all season yes we are better with silva in the team but somebody must step up and take his place

I'd consider myself far from being a drama queen....but not many sides would cope with losing their inspirational captain and world class playmaker at the same time. We really need Aguero and Negredo to keep banging them in, otherwise the league could be gone in the next month.

Very frustrating.

We have a very good squad but we still cannot afford too much down time for our very best players. With Jovetic injured as well, our creative options are severely restricted and that is one big reason why I wanted us to sign Isco and why I hope there's a possibility of getting him in January from Madrid. Meanwhile, Nasri needs to keep his form going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.