Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
01MANC said:
I'd consider myself far from being a drama queen....but not many sides would cope with losing their inspirational captain and world class playmaker at the same time. We really need Aguero and Negredo to keep banging them in, otherwise the league could be gone in the next month.

This. I'm now just hoping we can stay in the race for the next month more than anything else.

Absolutely gutted, why do so many of our players get muscle injuries which keep them out for so long? It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else.

ancoats said:
its just part of being a top team and you should not bank on 1 player and hope to god he stays fit all season yes we are better with silva in the team but somebody must step up and take his place

But we do not have anyone like Silva in the squad. Against Newcastle (cup game) we were awful for 80 minutes, then David came on and we dictated play. After he went off agains CSKA we struggled to dictate the match.

As many have already said, this is a huge blow. I am nowhere near as confident on upcoming fixtures as I was.

Real shame Jovetic is injured, as I'd much rather be trying him out in the team instead of Navas.

Still, as long as we can field Fernandinho, Yaya and Nasri in the same side, I won't be too worried. Silva is a big loss, but we have played some very good football this season without him.

Does seem like we need to take another look at our medical/physio team though. Last season was rife with muscle injuries and it isn't shaping up to be much better this year either.

01MANC said:
I'd consider myself far from being a drama queen....but not many sides would cope with losing their inspirational captain and world class playmaker at the same time. We really need Aguero and Negredo to keep banging them in, otherwise the league could be gone in the next month.

You should not wory that much. City has more captains which is great. YAYA, AGUERO, KOMPANY, SILVA and future one NASRI. SO no need to wory one bit.

We were really starting to flow and playing as we were when we won the league. We will just have to move on as we have done with the loss of Kompany. Seems to be forgotten that he has been out for a long time now.

Stick Milner in midfield and push Yaya further forward.

football-fan said:
01MANC said:

You should not wory that much. City has more captains which is great. YAYA, AGUERO, KOMPANY, SILVA and future one NASRI. SO no need to wory one bit.

Erm, I don't think the point of his post was that we've nobody else who could fill the captain's role. More so that 2 absolutely huge players are injured with a difficult run of fixtures coming up.

City without Silva aren't half as good.

ayrshire_blue said:
01MANC said:

This. I'm now just hoping we can stay in the race for the next month more than anything else.

Absolutely gutted, why do so many of our players get muscle injuries which keep them out for so long? It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else.

Don't think we suffer more than anybody else we just don't notice when other teams get injuries, especially when you consider no players play or travel more than ours.
looking at physioroom we are about in the middle, West Brom seems to be Hamstring injury kings.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php</a>

That's just ruined my Friday night! Not too concerned about the Sunderland game, we could have Messi on our team and they'd still beat us but the Spurs game ffs!

allan harper said:
That's just ruined my Friday night! Not too concerned about the Sunderland game, we could have Messi on our team and they'd still beat us but the Spurs game ffs!

What really worries me is us not beating Sunderland and Spurs and Arsenal beating United and Southampton and going 12 clear of us, if that happened its Goodnight Vienna for us this season in the league!

Good Grief

There are some right drama queens, it's part of the game, players get injured that's why teams have squads all teams go through it at some time or other we will cope

Now Relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.