Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got to bring Stones home.

I get that the players really seem to like international duty these days, and I'd understand it more if it was a qualifier or a match of any competitive significance.

But, apart from drumming up revenue and interest, the whole thing is about integrating the new players (Stones has met them now, spent a few days with them... a few days more means nothing) and maybe experimenting with personnel or tactics.

Stones is England's best centre-back, and has been for ages. He doesn't have anything left to prove, or anything for Southgate to learn about him. His day job needs him fit and healthy, so bring him home.

We need Stones for the Athletico game as well, without him it’s going to be Cancelo taking Walkers place, then Laporte and Ake as the Central Defender’s with Zinchenko on the left. Compromised, unbalanced defence, no pace to defend the counter attack.
I think Ake’s got a fair turn of pace on him to be fair

I can't believe any player would risk missing possible title deciders and a CL game for an international friendly. Club football is now becoming secondary to the international game and the greedy ruling bodies need to be put back in their place.
I think most players do and always have.

This. Club should be making noises to the England camp and demanding he does not play in a meaningless game
I'm sure that will be happening. It goes on a lot in the case of friendlies but it's (quite rightly) never made public.
Other than in the eyes of its own fans, it's rarely a good look for any club to be demanding which of their players are left out of internationals even if it's the common sense approach to take.

It's pretty simple for me, without Stones and Dias in the defence we won't win much this season. Together they are exceptional and are as good as any other central defensive partnership in the world.

Laporte is a great defender, but he's not really got the same partnership as Stones/Dias.

Southgate will know that Stones is our best central defender. He is the only one who can make Maguire look competent and is also the only one who can carry the ball forward.

Without Stones, England won't win anything and City will struggle. We have to get him back to full fitness ASAP.

I don’t think that Southgate would take
Thats what i reckon peps said" look gareth we have only 3 fit centre backs we cant risk it".
I don’t think that Southgate would take any notice. He will play Stones if he wants to. He plays the City players in most games and allows others to opt out of the squad due to “injuries” reported by their clubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.