Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:
I'd sooner he was playing too, but I think we've been better without him the more Fernandihno has improved (he missed Sunderland). Navas has also improved markedly in the last 2 games, and that bodes well that we may cope better without Silva even in the tight games.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. You're making me feel a bit better. A feather in the manager's cap has been the way he has got us playing without silva.

I can't tell you how much I want us to win these two aways. Win these and we win the league, I reckon. They'd banish the heeby-jeebies which have plagued us.

well you've got Lescott or Garcia at CB, so yay, hope you're feeling optimistic still.

Lescott should be ok with vinny next to him.

FantasyIreland said:
Lakeysbadknee said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
fuck's sake, who's in our fitness department?!

NOT Dr Batty!

Think we've been more susceptible to injuries since he stopped overseeing the
medical side of things.

Yep,a huge loss.

It's very diificult to do your job when you're constantly being undermined and disrespected.....
Met the good doctor a few times after he left(very amicably he said),he's a larger than life character,very confident & quite loud,I can see why Mancini felt uncomfortable with him,however he came highly recommended by many people in the game I believe,so maybe a little mediation or "relationship counselling" would've been in the best interests of the players.

We don't have a lot of injuries around 4 at any one time is about average. It's just that we notice them more as they are to players who are key such as Kompany and Silva.

At least Lescott is never injured.

FantasyIreland said:
franksinatra said:
Unfortunately manager are judged are on results, losing players to injury was no excuse for Mancini, not with the squad we had, and should not be for Pellegrini.

I agree,however,this is predominantly Mancini's squad,one which he spent a fortune on and yet still has weaknesses in terms of balance and depth of quality.
Given injuries,our current back four is more akin to a mid table side,Pellegrini can only do so much......

I think the point about balance is an interesting one. Over the summer we lost:

Tevez replacement Negredo
Sinclair replacement Navas
Barry replacement Fernandinho
Kolo replacement Demichealis

So in sense the balance of the squad has been maintained by the present manager rather than alterations to the composition of the personnel.

Without question their is a difference between out first choice back four and replacements however this is to be accepted as no top class player is going to act as stand in for another professional.I actually consider us lucky to have the likes of Kolarov, Lescott, Zab/Richards as back up and I feel Pellegrini realises this, hence the reason his happiness to rotate.

alanblue said:
The clubs full of fuckIng demlcks

Says Brain Of Britain....

alanblue Post subject: Re: Match Thread | Man City vs Spurs (24/11/13) Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Replies: 456
Views: 7827

If spurs score they'll go on and win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.