Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It's years since we had a run of injuries like this. Can't believe it. Whilst the nastasic injury is bad, I'm hopeful that vinny's return will more than compensate. What worries me is silva's absence for the two league away games. Bad, bad news in two games we really need to win.
We've coped well enough without him, so I'm not that worried, so long as Fernandihno is fit away from home our midfield will be OK. I know we need him back, but we need him properly fit, and I wouldn't risk him against Bayern either, not as a starter anyway, we need him for Arsenal, and the Bayern game is one we really should just write off given the injury situation.

Well we have and we haven't. Bayern and Sunderland we missed him hugely. Spurs and united we didn't. He's a bigger miss against backs-to -the wall teams because he opens defences better than anyone. Navas and Nasri are much better in open games and I'm
Not sure these will be (unless we can get early goals).

I'm never happy without silva in the team.

I'd sooner he was playing too, but I think we've been better without him the more Fernandihno has improved (he missed Sunderland). Navas has also improved markedly in the last 2 games, and that bodes well that we may cope better without Silva even in the tight games.

cleavers said:
I'd sooner he was playing too, but I think we've been better without him the more Fernandihno has improved (he missed Sunderland). Navas has also improved markedly in the last 2 games, and that bodes well that we may cope better without Silva even in the tight games.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. You're making me feel a bit better. A feather in the manager's cap has been the way he has got us playing without silva.

I can't tell you how much I want us to win these two aways. Win these and we win the league, I reckon. They'd banish the heeby-jeebies which have plagued us.

Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:

Yeah, I totally agree with that. You're making me feel a bit better. A feather in the manager's cap has been the way he has got us playing without silva.

I can't tell you how much I want us to win these two aways. Win these and we win the league, I reckon. They'd banish the heeby-jeebies which have plagued us.

well you've got Lescott or Garcia at CB, so yay, hope you're feeling optimistic still.

We are not usually very good away without silva so he is a big miss

Sunday we should be ok with lescott and demi if the midfield press better than they have been

After that then vinnie and lescott or demi should be ok for a while but the rest of the team must defend better or we may have a repeat of last year at southampton

Great to see Rodwell back(again).

He really is due a break(and not in the fracture sense....)

He stays fit,we're on to a winner.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
fuck's sake, who's in our fitness department?!

NOT Dr Batty!

Think we've been more susceptible to injuries since he stopped overseeing the
medical side of things.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:

well you've got Lescott or Garcia at CB, so yay, hope you're feeling optimistic still.
Lescott did fine against Spurs and Swansea have both Bony and Michu out. Then Kompany back for WBA away.

Lakeysbadknee said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
fuck's sake, who's in our fitness department?!

NOT Dr Batty!

Think we've been more susceptible to injuries since he stopped overseeing the
medical side of things.

Yep,a huge loss.

It's very diificult to do your job when you're constantly being undermined and disrespected.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.