Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
The run of injuries our central defenders have had is ridiculous.
I wonder is it just bad luck, or in some way down to how we are playing defensively ? By that I don't mean the way we have defended, but the high line, making players have to cover more ground, especially the centre backs having to cover the full backs, causing more turns, more difficult tackles etc.

toffee balls said:
BillyShears said:
Nastasic out for another three weeks. Fucking huge blow.

Kompany fit but won't be considered for Sunday,

Silva/Jovetic should be fit for Bayern away.

I will choose to be positive on this matter.

I would say Lescott & Demichellis are more than capable for Swansea and that Vinne will be available for WBA.

Partnering??

It's years since we had a run of injuries like this. Can't believe it. Whilst the nastasic injury is bad, I'm hopeful that vinny's return will more than compensate. What worries me is silva's absence for the two league away games. Bad, bad news in two games we really need to win.

munster said:
toffee balls said:
BillyShears said:
Nastasic out for another three weeks. Fucking huge blow.

Kompany fit but won't be considered for Sunday,

Silva/Jovetic should be fit for Bayern away.

I will choose to be positive on this matter.

I would say Lescott & Demichellis are more than capable for Swansea and that Vinne will be available for WBA.

Partnering??
Either Lescott or Demichellis. Vinny is more than capable of playing on the left or right, unlike the others. If we do look at any other centre beacks in January, I sincerely hope we look at one who is comfortable with both feet, and don't look at players whos other leg is only useful for standing on.

You just knew more injuries were coming. There is no way 4 players were about to come back from injury without some comeuppance from the football gods. Nastasic may only be the first to 'replace' VK/Silva/Jovetic/Rodwell (well, Rodwell will replace Rodwell after one training session, probably).

There's a good chance a CB will come in this January and for good reason. Lescott looks dodgy in our new system and Demichelis is doing OK, but has been easily burned by pacy players a few times already.

Didsbury Dave said:
It's years since we had a run of injuries like this. Can't believe it. Whilst the nastasic injury is bad, I'm hopeful that vinny's return will more than compensate. What worries me is silva's absence for the two league away games. Bad, bad news in two games we really need to win.
We've coped well enough without him, so I'm not that worried, so long as Fernandihno is fit away from home our midfield will be OK. I know we need him back, but we need him properly fit, and I wouldn't risk him against Bayern either, not as a starter anyway, we need him for Arsenal, and the Bayern game is one we really should just write off given the injury situation.

LoveCity said:
You just knew more injuries were coming. There is no way 4 players were about to come back from injury without some comeuppance from the football gods. Nastasic may only be the first to 'replace' VK/Silva/Jovetic/Rodwell (well, Rodwell will replace Rodwell after one training session, probably).

There's a good chance a CB will come in this January and for good reason. Lescott looks dodgy in our new system and Demichelis is doing OK, but has been easily burned by pacy players a few times already.

A centre half is a must if we are serious about challenging on all fronts this season.
Have you heard any further on Zouma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.