Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why dickhead would take Kyle or Kalvin to the WC given that one hasn't played for around six weeks and the other has barely played all season. To get them match fit will take time doing it properly, not pitching them in straight away and play the full 90 minutes like he did last time with Kyle. Would be better for City if both of them missed the WC which I know is harsh for both of them but in the long term would be better for them and the club.

Not sure why dickhead would take Kyle or Kalvin to the WC given that one hasn't played for around six weeks and the other has barely played all season. To get them match fit will take time doing it properly, not pitching them in straight away and play the full 90 minutes like he did last time with Kyle. Would be better for City if both of them missed the WC which I know is harsh for both of them but in the long term would be better for them and the club.

Southgate will want Walker to start at RCB, or at least be an option later in the tournament as cover for Trippier/Stones/White (depending who is in his squad). I think he's seen Henderson's decline (which started when he was born) and wants Phillips in there as another option for Rice/Bellingham and is willing to give both the time to get fit over the group stage. From an England perspective it's the right decision. I'm sure he's getting more information than we do. Hopefully Kalvin can come through tonight okay, looking forward to seeing him play to be honest, he's got so much energy in the middle he'll be a huge player for us over the course of the season so I hope he can stay fit.

Let's be honest, Dias this season is 5th choice, it's our strongest and deepest area, if we're going to be without anybody for a month he's probably front of the queue.

As for Phillips, not fit doesn't neccesrily mean injured. He barely played in the world cup and made the squad by the skin of his teeth after a long injury, hardly the right environment to be throwing him into a game without any training after a week or so off. Could be as simple as needs some training sessions before he's ready to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.