Ins and Outs 2022-2023

I agree we have had a very good window when we look at the players coming in and those going out and the overall “Net” position/roles.

Prior to last season we lost Aguero and brought in Jack, so numbers wise the same entering the season from memory. However, we lost Mendy and then chose to sell Torres. So we’re two down at season end from what our squad was going into that season. I could see Palmer replacing Torres but we’re still exposed in the FB space.

Personally think we need a Cucurrlla plus one other - and the plus could be either a LB or RB, but we need a 4th to supplement (Walker, Cucurrlla and Cancelo). However the club may view Cancelo as the floater full back (ie plays either side depending on injuries) and if needs dictate Ake plays LB.
Given the the full backs we’ve seat got are going to want so much playing time I’d be happy with someone from the youth team playing the cup games and sub appearances in the league. I like what I’ve seen of Wilson-Esbrand. He could step up

I agree we have had a very good window when we look at the players coming in and those going out and the overall “Net” position/roles.

Prior to last season we lost Aguero and brought in Jack, so numbers wise the same entering the season from memory. However, we lost Mendy and then chose to sell Torres. So we’re two down at season end from what our squad was going into that season. I could see Palmer replacing Torres but we’re still exposed in the FB space.

Personally think we need a Cucurrlla plus one other - and the plus could be either a LB or RB, but we need a 4th to supplement (Walker, Cucurrlla and Cancelo). However the club may view Cancelo as the floater full back (ie plays either side depending on injuries) and if needs dictate Ake plays LB.
might be we use Kabore at RB as cover for Cancelo / Walker and have Cucurella and Cancelo at LB

Jesus -> Haaland
Sterling -> Alvarez
Zinchenko -> Cucurella
Steffen -> Ortega
Fernandinho -> Phillips

Thats a decent window if ever there was one
We started last season with Ferran and Mendy.

Mendy > ?
Ferran > Palmer?
Jesus > Haaland
Sterling > Alvarez
Zinchenko > Cucurella
Steffen > Ortega
Fernandinho > Phillips

Some of that is wildly incorrect tbh
Patrick Roberts, for example, went on a Bosman for nothing. There is no way on earth we got £3m for him
It also has Sterling as £55m +£10m add-ons. I don't believe anyone was reporting that figure? Instantly disqualifies the graphic and makes anyone using it seem small-time for inflating arbitrary net spend fees.

Some of that is wildly incorrect tbh
Patrick Roberts, for example, went on a Bosman for nothing. There is no way on earth we got £3m for him
He had a year left we got an undisclosed fee for him. Up to 3m with all the addons was the report in the MEN and local press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.