Insanity work-out

Without reading the whole thread. I would like to state that fitness is a lifestyle I personally can't live without the gym.... as danny "the nut" lugo said " I am fitness haha but do rate the dvd

chris85mcfc said:
[flash=][/flash]
MaineDAWG2008 said:
i tried this workout 2 years ago. Really did my knees in. Unsure whether to retry again with Insanity. I do normal cardio at the gym, running 5km etc etc. No problems. But when I did insanity, my knee joints bucked me in and was left for sore and didn't recover for over few months.

anyone experience similar?

Your knees have probably took a serious pounding whilst running on those treadmills.

The idea of weight or body weight training is that it strengthens your muscles and joints and prevents injuries in the long term.

I've never done insanity and don't know much about it but I'm guessing that the knee pain is probably more from constant running on treadmills.

From running 5KM on a treadmill, don't be silly.
Treadmills are easier on your knees than the road. Myself and many others on here have regularly run a lot more than 5k without trouble with knees.

117 M34 said:
chris85mcfc said:
[flash=][/flash]
MaineDAWG2008 said:
i tried this workout 2 years ago. Really did my knees in. Unsure whether to retry again with Insanity. I do normal cardio at the gym, running 5km etc etc. No problems. But when I did insanity, my knee joints bucked me in and was left for sore and didn't recover for over few months.

Your knees have probably took a serious pounding whilst running on those treadmills.

The idea of weight or body weight training is that it strengthens your muscles and joints and prevents injuries in the long term.

I've never done insanity and don't know much about it but I'm guessing that the knee pain is probably more from constant running on treadmills.

Treadmills are easier on your knees than the road. Myself and many others on here have regularly run a lot more than 5k without trouble with knees.

Ok fair enough just heard a lot of people with knee injuries on treadmills.

Strengthen your muscles and joints and you'll suffer less injuries.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 am --<br /><br />
117 M34 said:
chris85mcfc said:
[flash=][/flash]
MaineDAWG2008 said:

Ok fair enough just heard a lot of people with knee injuries on treadmills.

Strengthen your muscles and joints and you'll suffer less injuries.

quiet_riot said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:

Not personally.

What kind of flooring are you doing it on, and what kind of footwear?

Just yr normal floorboard at home. Footwear asics trainers which i normally use when i run.

Im still running on treadmills without a strain (touch wood). Really dont want to be ko'd for anothher month or so due to insanity.

Did a google search n there r some interesting forums mentioning how hard it is on your joints.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/884106-insanity-and-knee-pain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show ... -knee-pain</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://reviews.beachbody.com/3047/insanity-60day-total-body-conditioning-program/reviews.htm?page=19&sort=rating&dir=asc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://reviews.beachbody.com/3047/insan ... ng&dir=asc</a>

MaineDAWG2008 said:
quiet_riot said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:

Not personally.

What kind of flooring are you doing it on, and what kind of footwear?

Just yr normal floorboard at home. Footwear asics trainers which i normally use when i run.

Im still running on treadmills without a strain (touch wood). Really dont want to be ko'd for anothher month or so due to insanity.

Did a google search n there r some interesting forums mentioning how hard it is on your joints.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/884106-insanity-and-knee-pain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show ... -knee-pain</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://reviews.beachbody.com/3047/insanity-60day-total-body-conditioning-program/reviews.htm?page=19&sort=rating&dir=asc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://reviews.beachbody.com/3047/insan ... ng&dir=asc</a>

Shaun T who does the DVD suggests himself not to wear running trainers but cross trainers (not sure the difference) as you'll cope with the impact better.

MaineDAWG2008 said:

Yes, happened to my husband. He hasn't been near it since, though he did complete it.
Not sure if it was purely down to Insanity though.
I train on a tiled floor with cross trainers. Covered in bruises like, but otherwise I find the surface ok :-)

117 M34 said:
chris85mcfc said:
[flash=][/flash]
MaineDAWG2008 said:

I think in general you're right bud, but I think how much 'excess' weight you're carrying above homeostasis is a huge factor with knees tbh, there's a 'massive' difference for me just walking on an incline treadmill at 17 stone to now at 12 1/2 - 13, and from my experience with other athletes I think it's more an issue that may not surface for quite a while, ie something that would hit people in later life, moreso those with undiagnosed hip/knee problems etc.

I guess like many things it's a question of being sensible, if you sense something isn't right then get it checked out,

Anyone looking to lose weight who is competitive enough to push themselves should try this. I'm coming to the end of my second week, but only my first week proper(I only did the cardio/plyo on xbox one for the first few days). I'm down from 16-14 stone in just 2 weeks. Of course this is combined with reducing my calorie intake to around 1300-1400 cals per day,but the results are staggering...so far.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Anyone looking to lose weight who is competitive enough to push themselves should try this. I'm coming to the end of my second week, but only my first week proper(I only did the cardio/plyo on xbox one for the first few days). I'm down from 16-14 stone in just 2 weeks. Of course this is combined with reducing my calorie intake to around 1300-1400 cals per day,but the results are staggering...so far.

Surely that can't be healthy

Thaksinssoldier said:

2 stone in 2 weeks? Wow, I didnt even think that was possible. Im no expert but isnt it better to lose it slowly at a steady pace?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.