Inside Manchester City ITV4

rick773 said:
I think it's stupid for us( me included) to still get caught up in Mancini arguments, but for employees of the club to still be going on about someone saying hi to them is especially ridiculous. I've yet to see a "nice" boss who didn't end up screwed over by his employees, I'm not sure millionaires in their early 20s will be different. My guess is as long as the people at the top can blame someone besides themselves they'll tell us all about pelligrini's shortcomings when the time is right.

Saying good morning to someone isn't being overly nice, it's just respectful. It's also not the be all and end all but it's an example of the contempt Mancini had for his staff

I'm no expert but I'd hazard a guess that bosses who respect their staff tend to get more out of bosses that think they're too good for theirs.

If I see someone I know I'll say hello or morning to them, I might even go for a pint with them but if they blank me I wouldn't be upaet about it months after.

allyboy said:
There are some bitter snipes at bobby manc in that are uncalled for.
Chappy needs to wind his neck in.
Mancini sorted us out, made us winners, if it upset a few people along the way, so be it.
The likes of Bellamy, adebayor, robinho etc,, would still be wagging the dogs tail, and we'd be under achieving still.
Disrespectful jibes in that video for me from beregastin also.
They should remember what he did for us, not the happyometer readings.

I was at the recent P&W Supporters Club meeting that Chappie attended (anyone else there?) - anyway it took me a little aback just how anti-Mancini he was - didn't have a good word for him. It even up upset one member of the audience who jumped to Bobby's defence so it got a little hairy for a moment (well only a little!). When the subject of the Wembley defeat against Wigan came up, Chappie said Mancini barely entered the dressing room before, at HT, or after the game - teamtalk was apparently done by Vieira which I found very strange (although he did point out that this happened against Stoke too).

gordondaviesmoustache said:
tommybooth said:
I have still got the nationwide book. I think it may even be signed by Asa Hartford and Dennis Tueart.
Peter Swales came over like the small-time chancer that he truly was in that programme.

Love the quote in Big Mal's biography about Swales"

"He was wearing a blazer, cuban heels and a wig. As a man he really impressed me."

Tommy_Catons_Perm said:
Cookieproof said:
ErnieBilko said:
Looking forward to it.

Does anyone remember that time City featured on 'Nationwide', an old BBC programme? I seem to recall it was a time of some optimism under Swales, but surprise, surprise, it ended in tears. I can't recall the exact year, sometime in the 1970s, or what the drama was. Or am I dreaming this?

No you're not dreaming this Ernie. It was during the 1977-78 season when the Nationwide was given full access. If I remember correctly it was a weekly slot and I remember Colin Bell being filmed running up and down streets in Manchester to regain fitness after his knee injury, although that could have been on 'Kick Off'.

And Colin Bell was wearing Adidas Samba trainers I think. Wouldn't dream of pounding the streets in those nowadays - I run up to 50 miles a week in modern running shoes which weren't deveoped in 70s.

You must be some distance from home now?

Not so active, do not trust my english very well. And do not have contacts over there.

But no problem, I follow the blues rest of my life from my place, and maybe getting more involved in this forum in the future.

Football are cynical, Mancini knows that, like other football coaches. Same with the players, they first of all, think about themselfes.

Would not ask about help to brun a dvd, I got some good advices from a great supporter. But if there are anybody willing to help, just let me know.

allyboy said:
There are some bitter snipes at bobby manc in that are uncalled for.
Chappy needs to wind his neck in.
Mancini sorted us out, made us winners, if it upset a few people along the way, so be it.
The likes of Bellamy, adebayor, robinho etc,, would still be wagging the dogs tail, and we'd be under achieving still.
Disrespectful jibes in that video for me from beregastin also.
They should remember what he did for us, not the happyometer readings.

Not getting into anything anti-Mancini because he did great things for us but for us its looking at it from a fan point of view, all you see is 90 minutes a week and the rest of the week is the players and the manager being together which we don't know much about. I think a lot was going on at the club that we didn't know about. It's a bit unusual for people to be sniping at him so long after and it became clear that select players just didn't get on with him. I think there is a lot we don't know about that happened behind the scenes. We could of won the FA Cup that year and he still would of been sacked so something just wasn't right with either how Mancini was or how he treated people... Who knows but it is pretty unusual I think for someone like Chappy to get involved and say something because I thought he'd be the kind of bloke to just get on with it.

Blågribben said:
Not so active, do not trust my english very well. And do not have contacts over there.

But no problem, I follow the blues rest of my life from my place, and maybe getting more involved in this forum in the future.

Football are cynical, Mancini knows that, like other football coaches. Same with the players, they first of all, think about themselfes.

Would not ask about help to brun a dvd, I got some good advices from a great supporter. But if there are anybody willing to help, just let me know.

Don`t no if this site will work over there but worth a try,it shows all the uk channels,you will need to sign up .... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tvcatchup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tvcatchup.com/</a>

and don't worry about your English it`s better than half the English that post on here...including mine

Obviously there are quite a few people at the club that think Mancini is a twat, now I don't know him on a personal level, just like everybody else on here doesn't, but to have a pop at the people who genuinely do know him and worked with him on a day to day basis is a bit foolish. If they say it's a happier camp, then what's the problem?

He will always be remembered by us fans for what he achieved, but that doesn't make him likeable, not that it even matters. You certainly get the feel, from an outsiders perspective anyway, that the club, from top to bottom, is a much happier place to be at, since Mancini left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.