Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Well that was fucking dreadful. Love to know what our gameplan was tonight as none of the players seemed to know either. We were only ever going to break them down on the flanks where our wingers barely tried to beat a man or supply. We moved the ball slowly and predictably and our pressing out of possession was really poor. Far too easy for Inter to get through and get into attacking positions.

Not as if they put in a defensive masterclass either, they weren't anything out of the ordinary, they just stuck to their task, didnt make mistakes and had a comfortable and relatively trouble free night.

Only positive from that is we didnt lose as we really should have.

We didn't look too clever against Brentford either, we only scored then from a flukey deflection and a long ball from Ederson, we really have to find a way of creating more in games, keeping possession for the sake of it gets us nowhere.
Should have lost? Lol how the fuck do you work that out?

The build up is permanently slow, and it drives me nuts. Would love to see some quick transitions- just for a change.

And don't get me started on our woeful corners and set pieces, and throw ins. All a complete waste.
We are extremely shit at corners.

We have 11 men on the pitch with the ability and accuracy to ping a ball at a pigeon flying over the ground in gale-force wind but we can’t take a corner. Baffles me every week.

Crap, but we move on. Can’t be perfect all season. We will have more games like it. Hopefully not to many!

Bring on Sunday.

The way Brentford broke on us was a bit of a concern and this was more of a concern. We haven’t been anywhere near our best in the last 2 games. Better in last 20 mins or so but up until then I thought Inter were the better side.

That's normal, don't bother reading the comments either - same old rags and dippers spewing out same shit while we go on winning titles.
Fuck the BBC.
They're not much better than sly.
They need the scum just like sly and hate us.
Not a bad result tonight.
We don't use any more energy than we need to.
I can see a city inter final again.
They are a very good team

Inter replicated Arsenal's tactics from last season and it worked, we were too slow and lacked imagination for most of the game, however we still created massive chances to win, Silva in the first half, Foden twice, and Gundogan with two headers from point blank range, but the finishing was crap, you know it's a frustrating game when Haaland gets no service at all and this was one of them, at least we kept a clean sheet and now we should focus on Arsenal.
Is that what you saw? Inter were far more accomplished than Arsenal. Their movement and the way they rotated throughout the team was intriguing to watch. The centre half Acerbi was defending one minute and leading the line next. Their press was interesting too. They often swarmed towards the ball at points like peak Barca. Not seen many teams do that.

Last edited:
I'm going to risk pelters here and say I thought it was a really good game. Classic shitty negative Italian defensive masterclass by inter. Superbly organised and got the point they came for. City were quality but just lacked that cutting edge that we produce from Feb onwards. Clocks haven't even changed yet - it's only the dippers and tarquins that win everything at this stage ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.