Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I'm going to risk pelters here and say I thought it was a really good game. Classic shitty negative Italian defensive masterclass by inter. Superbly organised and got the point they came for. City were quality but just lacked that cutting edge that we produce from Feb onwards. Clocks haven't even changed yet - it's only the dippers and tarquins that win everything at this stage ;-)
I thought we were decent myself.

Pretty much this. Although I didn’t enjoy the game, you have to admire their game plan (just finished watching as obscurely for me decided to play instead and I normally drop out on City CL games… so glad I did.. but thought it may be like this, but like I say fair fucks to them for carrying out their tactical plan. Just glad I played instead and we won :)

Well easy go through in the top 8, this was always the banana skin. Thank fuck this didn’t happen in May last year!
Or June maybe :-)

Odd how disappointed and let down I feel. But I’m spoiled rotten. My heart says we’re we’re sluggish and lethargic. My head says we were cautious and patient, trying to wear them out and down, hoping for a little daylight or a mistake, and protecting best we could against a break. We didn’t get much and didn’t execute when we had the chances but neither did they, and that’s the way the game works. This new format chaps me — as meticulous as Pep is, facing eight different opponents rather than three must be a real pain in the balls for him and the guys. Anyhow I don’t think we’ll look back and say “Damn if we’d only beaten Inter we wouldn’t be in this mess” — it’ll prove a good point.

Decent opposition in moving the ball. Breaking the play by some means worked for them. Ref let them do what they wanted. Anytime we seemed to have a spell they either went down injured, fouled Grealish and caused a stoppage or made a substitution.

Not used to seeing us unable to put at least one in the net. First time in over 40 group games according to BBC.

Boring as fuck for the uninitiated. A fascinating chess match for the tactical connoisseur.

Quite happy with a point, we might not face a better team than them all season. We could’ve nicked it but so could they.

Jack played well, KDB outstanding first half but MOTM head and shoulders was Rodrigo … great to have him back
I think it can be both, there were periods of the game where it felt dull as fuck but that’s because it was two very well drilled sides who when styles collide lead to a match that is more about patience than anything else.
In the end I reckon we accepted the draw long before the final whistle though ironically the two missed headers were glorious opportunities to Nick the win.

Decent opposition in moving the ball. Breaking the play by some means worked for them. Ref let them do what they wanted. Anytime we seemed to have a spell they either went down injured, fouled Grealish and caused a stoppage or made a substitution.

Not used to seeing us unable to put at least one in the net. First time in over 40 group games according to BBC.
both Copenhagen and Dortmund away matches finished 0-0 in the treble season , so they're wrong again !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.