Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I'm going to risk pelters here and say I thought it was a really good game. Classic shitty negative Italian defensive masterclass by inter. Superbly organised and got the point they came for. City were quality but just lacked that cutting edge that we produce from Feb onwards. Clocks haven't even changed yet - it's only the dippers and tarquins that win everything at this stage ;-)

Pretty much this. Although I didn’t enjoy the game, you have to admire their game plan (just finished watching as obscurely for me decided to play instead and I normally drop out on City CL games… so glad I did.. but thought it may be like this, but like I say fair fucks to them for carrying out their tactical plan. Just glad I played instead and we won :)

Well easy go through in the top 8, this was always the banana skin. Thank fuck this didn’t happen in May last year!

Watching sky sports news and the usual bellend journalists suggesting inter might be slightly disappointed that they didn’t nick it

do they actually watch the game or just say what their red readers want to hear?

Fuck me .
Imagine if you we're a city fan in the early 90s.
We just drawn nil nil with a very very good team and we have a hard game at weekend.
Have a word with yourself pal.
Every club in Europe would swap places with us right now.
Try looking on the brightside a bit pal.
I never ever dreamt we ever play in the champions league
Not only was I a fan in the 90's growing up, I was there week in week out, it's why I've got the points to go home and away now and enjoy seeing us lift trophies in istanbul.

There's this thing called perspective. We judge our performance on the basis of currently being arguably the best football club in the world and tonight was nowhere near the levels we have regularly shown. I'm not comparing it to a autowindshield trophy fixture 30 years prior because that would be fucking mental.

us being shit in the 90's has absolutely fuck all to do with any performance in the here and now. In the 90's were you talking about the glory years of the 60's as a reason not to moan about how shit we had become? It's okay to have expectations above not being in league 1 when we've had over a decade of blissful dominance.

A very very good team? they drew 1v1 vs Monza last weekend, their second draw against unremarkable sides this season and really didn't produce anything special tonight to earn a draw outside of being well drilled. They're capable of being a very good side, i'm more than willing to accept that but they didn't show that tonight. Brentford were much better on Saturday than Inter were tonight. We drew because we were shit in attack. It's not a disaster, it's not the end of the world but it's the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.