Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

You know among all the euphoria and celebrations it’s easy to forget the ones who missed it.
I’ve just been reading some posts on FB and one lady said she cried because her Dad had been looking forward to the game and he died 3 weeks ago. So sad.
Another one said her Dad died 12 months ago and a lad was talking about his Dad who had been there for so many years and died a couple of years ago.

I hope they were all together celebrating in the stand with no name and looking down on us and the team with pride. RIP to all the Blues who went before our historic win.

Wow just wow, still pinching myself to check it wasn’t a dream.
We‘re now well and truly dining at the Top Table!
I dont want to dine at the top table; it is full of nasty jealous liars, wearing red shirts. I hope their food is rancid. Bitter, moi? Nah, just enjoying their discomfort.

It's 1998 and I'm driving back to Derby (where I lived then) from Maine Road where we had lost again - I think it was Bury or Port Vale - can't remember the details. I stopped in a layby before the GMR reception went and listened to Jimmy Wagg talking to James H Reeve. The conversation was very dark and we all knew it would get worse. It's been a fantastic ride since then - we all know the milestones - Gillingham, Blackburn etc. The club has changed so much - but the constant thing is the strength of the fans - the darkest moments bring out the best - whether its relegation or facing up to the ridiculous actions of EUFA and the PL. Last night was another milestone and the way the club is functioning now we will go from strength to strength. What a journey - it's real Roy of the Rovers stuff and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it. The club, the coach and the players have done us proud - I don't think I will see the like of it again. I won't forget the times of struggle because that's what makes today so good. Well done City - we have fought against all the odds and it was fitting that last night was such an epic struggle - it's what we do and the media and cartel clubs can wallow in their angst. So proud of Pep and the players for delivering last night - what more can I say?
"Where would you rather be"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.