Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

I think after Heysel the dippers should have received a 20 year exclusion from all European football.
I fail to understand why they are fawned over the way they are.
They still cause bother in Europe now.
Wankers!
History forever distorted. Howard Kendall's magnificent Everton side denied the chance to compete for the European Cup - they would have given AC Milan a far sterner test than Benfica and Steaua Bucharest - had they been allowed to play. Yes, the fawning over them as 'European football royalty' is bizarre. Google the Heysel events - a lot of rewriting of history going on in the sense that a lot of the reports talk about 'English football hooligans' rather than 'Liverpool football hooligans'.

History forever distorted. Howard Kendall's magnificent Everton side denied the chance to compete for the European Cup - they would have given AC Milan a far sterner test than Benfica and Steaua Bucharest - had they been allowed to play. Yes, the fawning over them as 'European football royalty' is bizarre. Google the Heysel events - a lot of rewriting of history going on in the sense that a lot of the reports talk about 'English football hooligans' rather than 'Liverpool football hooligans'.
I watched that game as it happened on live tv.
I only wanted to watch a special game of football (which was a rare thing on tv back in those days, compared to how it is now).
In real time, the events on that night didn't seem as bad as they subsequently turned out to be. Nobody seemed to mention that supporters had been killed iirc.
I'm not going into any great detail over what I saw, but some images are still in my minds' eye to this day.
The baton charge, the wall collapse, stretchers on the pitch with the injured (dead?) on them, the absolute panic and desperation as the realisation that a tragedy was really happening in plain sight (of the world).
Now taking all of that into consideration, the decision was made to clear the dead and dying off the pitch so the match could go ahead.
The horrible decision was made to ensure that 'NO MORE RIOTING WOULD HAPPEN', if the match should be abandoned.
That may have been the case, but having witnessed what had taken place, did the authorities think that there would still be loons 'up for a scrap'?! Maybe, possibly, definitely, who can say? If the thought that there were such individuals (scousers?) prepared to continue the ruckus, then that makes them violent criminals and murderers, and they should rightly be called out for it.

A fixture was fulfilled, innocent lives were ended and it meant diddly squat to the great and good in their finery. Those people have to take a good look at themselves too.

R.I.P. The 39
(they only wanted to watch a good game of football like myself).

The European cup was first played in 1955, so it is now in its 67th year as a competition. City are the 23rd different team to win it, shows how much of a closed shop and loaded towards certain teams the whole thing is.
Don't think 23 different winners in 67 years is so bad ?
Think the old European Cup saw more "small clubs" get to the Final e.g. Malmö, Steua Bucharest, Forest & Villa.
Haven't checked the stats, but would imagine the "Champions League" (a complete contradiction, in terms) has seen the cartel clubs take more control ?

Watched the match back, and a few points that I noticed again that I hadn’t mentioned in the carnage after winning it

Rodri was a lot better than I thought on the night.

Akanji was all over the place the time they hit the bar and Lukakus header then hit his own player

Foden was really good, but should really have scored that chance he had after the great turn. Was a weak finish

McManaman was pro-Inter, not surprisingly
He was gutted when Barella didn’t lob Ederson
Thank god it was Lukaku missing that header and not Stormzy.

The European cup was first played in 1955, so it is now in its 67th year as a competition. City are the 23rd different team to win it, shows how much of a closed shop and loaded towards certain teams the whole thing is.

Don't think 23 different winners in 67 years is so bad ?
Think the old European Cup saw more "small clubs" get to the Final e.g. Malmö, Steua Bucharest, Forest & Villa.
Haven't checked the stats, but would imagine the "Champions League" (a complete contradiction, in terms) has seen the cartel clubs take more control ?
One thing that I heard from a post match segment that shows how closed it now is is that we are the first time a new name has gone on the trophy since 2011/12 when Chelsea got their first win. Coincidentally, I'm sure, this was also when FFP was introduced to the UEFA competitions.

Makes me laugh when they show videos of us in the ground at Istanbul at the end and what seemed like muted celebrations, I don’t think they realised the collective exhale of breath at the end as everyone just let out a collective THANK FUCK ITS OVER, followed by the jumping up and down, the sigh of relief was palpable after those last 5 mins and then as it sank it what we had done, tears flowed, hugs given and everyone in that stadium hugged each other, I’m so glad I got to be there, I don’t think even if we win subsequent ones it will be bettered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.