Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Don’t get caught up on a few comments from what are surely emotionally drained fans who are just beaming with pride and are so used to having to defend City at every turn.
We get it from all sides and we have it in here too from those posing as City supporters.

You have been open about who you are and your intentions on this thread and that is not only tolerated, but welcomed and respected, I would say.

Inter were great tonight. They had a plan and it almost worked. You just needed more of an edge up front.
We were poor by our standards but a lot of that was down to Inter executing your plan so well.

I was frustrated watching us but always felt we only needed one moment of lapse of concentration from your defence and we would exploit it.
Thank god we put one away but we squandered a couple of others just like yourselves in the dying minutes.
Thank you! And you make a great point, being used to defend City from attacks can make one a bit cautious. And yes, all teams have all sorts of different fans who deal with wins/losses in different ways, but so far here my experience has been great. And also considering the venue, and past history between english and italian fans, both sides were great!

I hope you'll be liking us more than Juventus or Milan now! I am only kidding of course, just some good old rivalry between us and those clubs :)

We could care less for these UEFA/FIFA super/world cup shit. OK super cup is one game in Summer so it's fine, but the other thing is a nonsense tournament where our players will have another chance to get even more tired, spend even more energy and make their hunt for more meaningful tittles later on harder. I say rest the starting lineup in that stupid club world cup shit.
Nah, we need to keep the haters in their box!
It may seem small time, but those competitions carry prestige in the game and if we won them our name would continue to be added to the annals of history.

I would like us to win the Community Shield, Super Cup, World Club Championship and League Cup next season, so we would be the holders of every club competition in the world, all at once!
What a team picture that would be and then there really would be no denying that our song will be true...

CITY, CITY, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD!

Bring it on!!!

Rather poignant and somewhat cyclical, that we won this in Istanbul, when in our very first foray into what was then the European Cup in 1968, we were surprisingly beaten over 2 legs by Fenerbahçe who are of course from Istanbul ….
55 years on and we’ve finally done it and I was crying again yesterday, as I was in 1968 when we were knocked out in the first round!!
After Malcom Allison promised that “we will terrify the cowards of Europe” CTID

Well done City, Probably the best team in the world at the moment, It's been a pleasure watching you on TV, I was at both the Etihad and the GTech watching you play live, So amazed that we were the only team you didn't manage to beat this season, Looking forward to seeing you again at the GTech, I've got a feeling you will be out for revenge!!!
Again well done for a brilliant season.

Being a Chelsea fan, watching man city this year has been hard, you guys seem to just play absolutely brilliant year in year out. Watching my own team has been infuriating all season and I thought watching you win the treble would just make it worse..... I was wrong, you have played so well all year and tbh you deserve everything you got this season, congrats on Europe and the treble.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.