Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Haaland chance in the first half along with Bernardo shot just flashing past the post and Foden through on goal...We did have opportunities to be at least 2-0 up and out of sight.
Eddie was only really tested late on in the game. We were nervous in the game which is understandable but we played a good game and deserved winners.

Really Inter only looked like threatening when they went down and had no other choice but to throw bodies forwards and the chances they created were from chaos balls into the box.

I'd said all night, Inter had a maximum of 1 goal in them - so I was never worried we were going to go 2-1 down. It was clear they were trying to take it to penalties imo.

I keep seeing “Warra UCL” on twitter as a dig, what the hell does it mean?
ha.

Translated to "What a uefa champions league".

Basically, if an Arsenal fan wants to try and dig out our attendance at the parade or something you are basically just giving a dig back about wheres your champions league trophy and subsequent parade.

So are we the first team to win the CL without a Croatian in the last 10 or so years?

About to leave Istanbul. What. A. Fucking. Ride.

Big thanks again to @Gramsci. for selling me his spare at FV on here and helping out a fellow blue, when he could easily have sold it on Ticombo or wherever and made a killing. Plenty of others did that too. Respect.

I have that exact same feeling of serenity that I had after QPR. People can trot out all of the City bingo that they want, I couldn't give a shit. The bitterness of other fans (and journalists) just makes it all the sweeter. We just won the Champions League. And did the treble. Heaven.

Enjoy your summer blues.

Whilst everyone is whinging about the parade last night can we all just take a moment to realise what this club has done this season?

We chased Arsenal down to win the premier league for the third time in a row and the 5th time in 6 years. A team who in my opinion looked like champions elect at times the way they were grinding out results. Something we have done on our way to previous titles.

We won the FA Cup whilst only conceding 1 goal (which should never have been a penalty) and beat our biggest rivals in the final. THAT goal from Gundogan will remain in the history and record books for many, many years to come.

We won our first Champions League by topping our group and beating all those reigning champions of their respective leagues on our way by putting in arguably some of the best performances in our history. All those doubters saying "but, but they haven't won the champions league!" are now sat scratching their heads thinking of another excuse to try and bring us down.

All of this whilst having the cloud of 115 fabricated charges hanging over our heads which the media have continued to use to try and taint our success. E.g. "Manchester City win their 3rd premier league in a row BUT it still leaves the 115 charges brought by the Premier League unanswered"

This club has been something else this year and I think some are getting lost in the pathetic arguments over what the club should or shouldn't have done last night to celebrate. By the way, I was there with my mrs and 2 kids and loved every minute of it, pissed wet through and cold, WHO CARES!! The weather made it biblical!!

Let's not get caught up arguing with each other, this may never happen again so just enjoy it!! WE GO AGAIN NEXT SEASON!!

Does anyone have that video floating around of the full time whistle close-up of Rodri who breaks down in tears when running to celebrate? Forgot to bookmark it

About to leave Istanbul. What. A. Fucking. Ride.

Big thanks again to @Gramsci. for selling me his spare at FV on here and helping out a fellow blue, when he could easily have sold it on Ticombo or wherever and made a killing. Plenty of others did that too. Respect.

I have that exact same feeling of serenity that I had after QPR. People can trot out all of the City bingo that they want, I couldn't give a shit. The bitterness of other fans (and journalists) just makes it all the sweeter. We just won the Champions League. And did the treble. Heaven.

Enjoy your summer blues.
YW @swblue

My experience of blues all my life (I'm 69 ffs) is that they'd have done the same thing.

Just pleased you enjoyed it as much as me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.