Interesting silly City facts.

The first game at Wembley where players wore numbers on their back was the 1933 FA cup final, Everton 3 City 0. Players wore 1-22. "Dixie" Dean played for Everton.

City still hold the highest attendance record for any game In England outside Wembley, 84,569 in March 1934 v Stoke City. City won 1-0 due to an Eric Brook shot from near the corner flag. City went on to win the final beating Portsmouth. (My dad was at Maine Road that day)

City's lowest ever attendance for a league game was in 1965 at Maine Road, City 1 Swindon 2 8,015. Mike Summerbee scored for Swindon. ( I stood on the freezing Scoreboard end with my scarf and rattle)
Me, too! The City fans these days don't know they're born!

So did the other assistant manager when Pep and his number 2 both had covid. Swindon in the FA Cup I think it was.
And Brian Kidd - 1 game, 1 win
Kidd only managed one? Who took charge after Mancini was fired? There was Reading Away which I know as I was there and someone at home. Maybe Norwich.

Thought Kidd managed both.

Before 1973 City and Liverpool won the same number of trophies. (8 each)
Since 1990 City have won more than Liverpool. (17 - 14)
So for most of each clubs 120+ year history City have been the more successful club.
(Admittedly in those middle 17 years they smashed us to bits!)
Was it only 3 trophy’s before they starting cheating with their Littlewoods windfall
Some history that lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.