Interesting/Unfortunate Names

A family lived in our street when I was a kid. Their surname was Muff.

Their daughter was called Joy, and their son, I swear this is true, was called Roger. Ironically, he turned out to be gay.

Worked with a girl called Mercedes Carr....
and enountered a family one time the kids being called Chardonnay & Bordeaux (no kidding as I saw the evidence)....the girls were running around and the mother called out their names so we got their pronunciation
"Chardonnay" & "Borddox"

Also a classic error or piss take and noted on a doc. Taken literally with the registrar having a bad day
"Matthew Mark Luke And John....."

When I worked for Manchester City Council, late 80’s, we went to Hackney to look round an award winning social housing project. The coordinator was called Dick Head.

There was a guy in our warehouse years ago, think he was of Iraqi/Turkish origin named Ufuk Kok.

Now we have a Mr Helmut Göbbler over in Germany logistics.

I'm sure mine translates as something like 'Annoying Twat' in many of the places I've visited. Least it sounded that way.

When I worked for the RAC we used to have an old guy from Northallerton who came in every year to renew his membership. Always used to make me chuckle when the announcement came over the tannoy from the receptionist "Ivor Slapper in reception".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.