International Friendlies 21st-28th March

No, if it happens anywhere else same thing applies. The Italian is going down already, the Burnley lad does nothing other than continues his run and as the Italian goes down he accidentally treads on him. No difference where ever it is on the pitch. No offence committed by Tarkowski.

your example of the strikers is completely different. If the keeper clips him it's a penalty clearly. However if the striker is going down first and draws the contact then clearly no penalty. If the latter was Sergio then it wouldn't be a pen.

If the Italian had kept on running his leg wouldn't have been in the vicinity to be trod on, I wouldn't say he instigated it as such, but it's never a foul for me. An accidental coming together!
Does the England player make contact with the ball? Answer no, does he make contact with the opposition player? Answer yes, therefore it is a foul, was the defender niave? Answer yes, but foul all the same, as stated before if that happened to Jesus or aguero in a match would you shout penalty?

Does the England player make contact with the ball? Answer no, does he make contact with the opposition player? Answer yes, therefore it is a foul, was the defender niave? Answer yes, but foul all the same, as stated before if that happened to Jesus or aguero in a match would you shout penalty?

I agree, there was contact. I've already clearly stated that. You are 100% wrong to state because there was contact it's a foul. If this was the case we'd have 20 penalties a game. The defender wasn't naive, all he was guilty of was running!!

Law 12. For a foul to be committed it needs to be careless, reckless or using excessive force. Which this was none of. An accidental coming together caused by the Italian going down. No blame to the defender.

If the same incident happend to any of our players in a game, I wouldnt be calling for a penalty

What I would say, this incident has a big split on whether people think it was a pen or not. So, this clearly wasn't a clear and obvious error and therefore the original decision should have remained. So how they eventually got to the penalty decision is ludicrous...

Last edited:
We never will, and that's exactly why its not working, why is not available, what are they hiding ?

Yeah, it was a sarcastic statement!! God forbid we the paying public know what's going on. You get the feeling there trying to screw it up at every opportunity and incidents like tonight with no explanations, is only going to drive public opinion against it.

I'm convinced now they'll apply VAR so badly at the World Cup it will be jettersoned as not fit for purpose oy long after.

Yeah, it was a sarcastic statement!! God forbid we the paying public know what's going on. You get the feeling there trying to screw it up at every opportunity and incidents like tonight with no explanations, is only going to drive public opinion against it.

I'm convinced now they'll apply VAR so badly at the World Cup it will be jettersoned as not fit for purpose.
The PL have said it will be "trialled" next season though, so its not going away. At the moment, its just there for stitch ups for me, cynical view I guess, but until those at the game get to see it in operation its a farce, but sadly its not been designed for those paying for the game, its designed to placate the armchair fan only, who get the replays.

The PL have said it will be "trialled" next season though, so its not going away. At the moment, its just there for stitch ups for me, cynical view I guess, but until those at the game get to see it in operation its a farce, but sadly its not been designed for those paying for the game, its designed to placate the armchair fan only, who get the replays.

Yeah I know what the PL have said. Just far from convinced it will materialise. Maybe I'm just an old cynic!! ;)

Dixon on TV now and Hoddle. Rashford and Kane have to start up front. Really???

Seriously? I turned it off once it had finished. Rashford is so out of his depth it's untrue and , i know this will be controversial on here, Lingard is a better option.

My biggest concern is that as usual we'll pick our 'better' players but not our best team. Kane isn't as mobile as Vardy or Sterling yet he'll be straight back into the starting line up which will make the last 2 games formations and tactics redundant. However until we find someone with a spark of creativity in the middle it'll all be a waste of time. Worse Italian and Dutch sides in living memory and we only just beat 1 and drew against the other without creating much.

glad its over ,hoping nobody comes back injured ,that's the only thing I look out for in these friendlies ,England are trying to play the passing and possession game, but are a million miles away from what we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.