International Friendlies 21st-28th March

The irony is that he actually got it right until he looked at VAR!

I know, it’s crazy. If he thinks that was a penalty, he should be nowhere near a major tournament. The laws of football probably need to rewritten just to remind referees that contact does not equal foul unless it’s either violent or it actually impedes someone from getting to the ball. Booting the ball away then throwing yourself on the floor is cheating because someone stood on your foot is cheating, simple as.

Well that guy will have hung his foot back hoping for a pen about 60 times this season & probably got one before tonight

It's cheating. Just like Salah's dive was cheating. Neither were natural movements to play the ball.
Think you are spot on with that, never a penalty, he had lost the ball, two defenders cutting him off so he looks for contact

That's not a foul FFS.

A foul has to be a deliberate action!

Jesus wept. Not a fault of VAR as it's the ref's decision, but without it then it's never given.

I despair at times.

VAR can work. All of the gripes tend to be how it’s implemented.
Yes I agree, but the way its being implemented is the issue, and its a big one, because right now its a cheats charter for the PL with the officials we have, so show it on screen where we can all see it, then try cheating from there, it will also have a great knock on effect, it will all but get rid of diving, because they can be booked if its a dive, and lets get rid of this sill notion that its only "clear and obvious" errors, hardly any i've seen have been this so far, it just seems to be done at the whim of the official(s), and to cover his(their) arse.

Just had a look at the pen.

The attacker stretches out his leg in the path of the defender. The defender has no chance of altering his stride and steps on the foot accidentally. If he had been two inches behind the foot the attacker would have tripped him. It’s no different than if a player was lying on the ground and an opposing player backed into him treading on his foot. Neither is a penalty.

VAR just shows what happened. It’s the referee’s interpretation that is wrong.

I must be a minority here, the way I saw it the defender stands on the attackers shooting foot, therefore stopping him getting a shot off, so for me it was a penalty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.