International Friendlies 21st-28th March

On the VAR issue, I've not seen last night's incident but what I have read correlates with the use of it in Italian football. Any slight touch, even a small nudge or hand brushing a shoulder nearly always ends up with a penalty in Serie A. It's pathetic and encourages more cheating. The trials we have seen are a farce, it could be used, but keep it to non subjective decisions, IE, ball out of play or offside but even they have shown sometimes the VAR gets it wrong .

Seriously? I turned it off once it had finished. Rashford is so out of his depth it's untrue and , i know this will be controversial on here, Lingard is a better option.

My biggest concern is that as usual we'll pick our 'better' players but not our best team. Kane isn't as mobile as Vardy or Sterling yet he'll be straight back into the starting line up which will make the last 2 games formations and tactics redundant. However until we find someone with a spark of creativity in the middle it'll all be a waste of time. Worse Italian and Dutch sides in living memory and we only just beat 1 and drew against the other without creating much.
i've changed my mind about southgate.

he's enjoyed a little bit of success, which will, i hope,encourage him to go forward with the biggest change in British football for years.

he's already got rid of smalling, and i hope he starts picking other players on ability to fit into this system. there might be a Kevin De Bruyne type right winger, overlooked and frustrated, just waiting to be dropped into centre mid.

i hate the fa,but maybe,just maybe Pep has shown them the way forward. england are a way off at the moment but i feel,we are on the right track.

and city showed them the way.

southgate,right time,right place, not in winning the world cup this summer,but changing a nations mindset,possibly.

Raheem given man of the match by the BBC and Kyle by ITV. What on earth is going on.
Yes they both were excellent.

What made me laugh was when Rashford came on, his first touch was met with the commentator exclaiming that "things speed up when he plays", as he ran full pelt into three defenders with other England players in good positions to receive the pass he never saw. Then he disappeared for the remaining minutes of the game.

Yes they both were excellent.

What made me laugh was when Rashford came on, his first touch was met with the commentator exclaiming that "things speed up when he plays", as he ran full pelt into three defenders with other England players in good positions to receive the pass he never saw. Then he disappeared for the remaining minutes of the game.

Yes I saw that and heard that. He wasn't on the pitch long but did nothing. I think Rashford is a decent young player with a lot of promise but he has a long way to develop, and as usual with a young united player the hype overtakes the reality, and it's irritating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.