International Matches - 5th Sept '24 - 11th Sept '24

I do enjoy an injury time winner at Hampden. Especially if it’s 3-2.

Orły Do Boju

The Scots get giddy about their national team. Do they not realise it is full of players of a much lower standard than the best international sides.

They will never get anywhere with this bunch.

I remember Scotland qualifying for tournaments when England failed. Also every top side in England had a couple of Scots players in them. What on earth happened for them to become so poor?

I remember Scotland qualifying for tournaments when England failed. Also every top side in England had a couple of Scots players in them. What on earth happened for them to become so poor?
The Ugly Sisters forgoing home based players and bringing in fancy expensive imports and the other clubs trying, pointlessly, to play catch up by doing also. I also think our league set up doesn’t help.

Scotland had its day in the Sun but it’s now just another bare bum in the shower of the smaller nations. Other countries of similar size produce good players, Scotland still has a few but the bigger countries will dominate. And any decent talent will get hoovered up by English clubs like to their academies and won’t get game time to develop.

Hibs sold John McGinn for 2.5 million. If he was English ( or German or Spanish) we’d have got 10 times that. That money would have benefited our academy, and St Mirrens, for generations.

Fwiw McTominay was born in England. If he was born up here he’d probably never been rag.

Ralston? Isn't he the guy who did a ludicrous challenge at the Euros (against Germany?), and got red carded for it? I remember some Scottish football followers on here at the time saying that it was typical of him. Seems he hasn't learned his lesson, gave away a penalty last night. Haven't seen it, but Clarke commented on "errors" costing his side, so I'm assuming that it was a nailed on penalty.

Ralston? Isn't he the guy who did a ludicrous challenge at the Euros (against Germany?), and got red carded for it? I remember some Scottish football followers on here at the time saying that it was typical of him. Seems he hasn't learned his lesson, gave away a penalty last night. Haven't seen it, but Clarke commented on "errors" costing his side, so I'm assuming that it was a nailed on penalty.
That was Porteous.

Similar type players right enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.