Internet Scams

Another tip; if you ever get one of these scam emails and you're unsure, NEVER click the link in the email. Always copy the address and paste it or check it with a legit email checker.
Also, any texts received from evri, royal mail, DPD, etc from a mobile phone number are bullshit.
There's absolutely loads about.
Any reputable company, their name will appear in the place of the number, obvious I know but people do get caught out.
As above if you're not sure don't click the link.

You also need to beware links in emails from people you "know". I've had many in the past where they've hacked people's address books and send emails with spoofed addresses.

Also, any texts received from evri, royal mail, DPD, etc from a mobile phone number are bullshit.
There's absolutely loads about.
Any reputable company, their name will appear in the place of the number, obvious I know but people do get caught out.
As above if you're not sure don't click the link.
According to "Evri", i've made several dozen online orders this week that have failed to deliver.

I plan on writing a strongly worded email to Evri's bosses about their incompetance.

According to "Evri", i've made several dozen online orders this week that have failed to deliver.

I plan on writing a strongly worded email to Evri's bosses about their incompetance.
Haha..
I've had loads for many weeks from evri and post office..
Wouldn't mind but I've not fuckin ordered anything for months..

A friend of mine had lost her cat, phone call from ‘RSPCA’ telling her the cat was found, naming her local vet and of course a bill to be paid. The so called vet spoke to her, told her to bring her cat carrier in to collect him after she paid the bill. Obviously, a doubly distressing disappointment as not only was the cat not found, she’d paid out a few hundred pounds. Luckily the bank refunded but she was left traumatised by it all.

Those calls I don’t answer anymore if I don’t know/recognise the number and it was automated saying you owed so much money blah blah blah and to pay it within so many days to avoid charges or similar, with it saying this is HMRC you owe so much and to pay within so many days,I hang up then block the number ,but they probably have hundreds of numbers to call you with ..

A friend of mine had lost her cat, phone call from ‘RSPCA’ telling her the cat was found, naming her local vet and of course a bill to be paid. The so called vet spoke to her, told her to bring her cat carrier in to collect him after she paid the bill. Obviously, a doubly distressing disappointment as not only was the cat not found, she’d paid out a few hundred pounds. Luckily the bank refunded but she was left traumatised by it all.
That's awful.
And yes, the lady I know was traumatised too :-(

I think the question is....how did they know what she had ordered? The company, regardless of what you suspect with the actual product, is "reputable"
@mackenzie I was shown how to spot a fake website, the very willing and helpful 20 something year old couldn't understand why I wasn't 'getting it'. It was supposed to be part of my job. Eventually it was agreed that he'd do that side of things and I'd do the rest.
We are not the computer generation and these scammers are very good. The simple rule is dont trust anyone but family or close friends.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.