Internet Scams

Anybody that calls my number (apart from 20 numbers that I have entered) will get a message asking them to enter a 3 digit code.
99% of callers can't do it because they are automated dialling machines and the ones that do get ignored.
If it's someone like my dentist or doctor they will enter the number and leave a message.

Anybody that calls my number (apart from 20 numbers that I have entered) will get a message asking them to enter a 3 digit code.
99% of callers can't do it because they are automated dialling machines and the ones that do get ignored.
If it's someone like my dentist or doctor they will enter the number and leave a message.
You are James Bond & I claim my free Aston Martin.

I'm fortunate to have fraud protection set up.

A while back a hacker hacked into one of my accounts (bypassing 2TA somehow) and began making purchases on my card. My bank saw this, went "aye aye, something's not right here" and contested the transactions.

I got a text from them to confirm the purchases were legit to text Y or N. I texted N and the fraud department contacted me within minutes. I confirmed they were illegitimate payments, they never asked me for my bank details or personal info, just wanted verbal confirmation I was who I said I was by asking security questions I had set up. Got the money back 3 hours later.
Every time i pay for summat over a ton or transfer money to someone for the first time my bank checks and then sends me a one off code.

Be careful if you receive a text even with the company name.

We had one and it was simple to change our company name to whatever you like.

In fact I changed it to Man Utd.com and sent a colleague a message saying his ST was being suspended for racist chanting.

Straight away he phoned United. They said they hadn’t sent anything and it was only when he realised it was me he told them he thought he knew what had happened. :).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.